1. Which of the following is not an event in ancient Indian history in BC era? [A] Foundation of the Indo-Greek empire [B] Beginning of Vikram samvat Era [C] Fourth Buddhist Council[D] Hathigumpha inscription by Kharvela Show Answer Correct Answer: C [ Fourth Buddhist Council] Notes: Foundation of the Indo-Greek empire by Demetrius in 182 ..
Welcome to GK (General Knowledge) Quiz Archive of GKToday. This section comprises GK Questions from 2008 to 2019 on static subjects including Indian History, Geography, Economy, Policy, Banking, Society, Environment etc. for competitive examinations including SSC, UPSC, UPPSC, RPSC, MPSC and Other states exams, IBPS, Bank PO, CDS, NDA and all other examinations.
1. Which of the following canals is considered to be an important link between the developed countries and the developing countries? [A] Panama Canal [B] Suez Canal [C] Kiel Canal [D] Grand Canal Show Answer Correct Answer: B [ Suez Canal ] Notes: Suez Canal considered to be an important link between the developed countries ..
1. Which of the following features of Indian temples resembles pylons of the Egyptian temples? [A] Lat [B] Vimana [C] Gopura [D] Shikhara Show Answer Correct Answer: C [ Gopura ] Notes: Buddhists, Jains, and Hindus have directed an almost equal attention to the Gopura or gateways o f their towns and temples. These, both ..
1. The Australia group was established to control the spread of which of the following? [A] Ballistic Missiles [B] Nuclear Weapons [C] Chemical and Biological Weapons [D] Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Weapons Show Answer Correct Answer: C [ Chemical and Biological Weapons ] Notes: The Australia Group is an informal group of countries established in ..
1. Which of the following is the poorest conductor of heat in comparison to other options? [A] Silver [B] Copper [C] Lead [D] Mercury Show Answer Correct Answer: C [ Lead ] Notes:Silver is best conductor of heat while among metals lead is poorest conductor of heat. Cooper and aluminum are good conductor while mercury ..
1. Which of the following is a correct definition of “Isohyets”? [A] Lines on a map showing equal rainfall [B] Lines on a map having same mean temperature [C] Lines on a map having same barometric pressure [D] Lines on a map showing equal height from mean sea level Show Answer Correct Answer: A [ ..
1. Recently, Stock market regulator SEBI has imposed trade restrictions on 331 firms which are suspected of being “shell companies”. Which of the following is NOT an activity generally carried out using shell companies? [A] Trade and normal business [B] Financial manoevour for some unstated objectives [C] Illegal financial activities [D] Violation of intellectual rights ..
1. Shaphee Lanphee, a traditional textile fabric, is a GI product from which of the following states? [A] Assam[B] Manipur[C] Jammu & Kashmir[D] Andhra Pradesh Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Manipur] Notes:Shaphee Lanphee is a traditional textile fabric woven and embroidered by Meitei women of Manipur. The fabric was, in the past, presented as a gift of ..
1. Which of the following statements is incorrect about the Lysosome? [A] It is a membrane-bound organelle found in plant as well as animal cells[B] It is also called the suicidal bag of the cell[C] It helps in the synthesis of protein[D] It acts as a dispatch station of protein products received from the endoplasmic ..
1. Duty Entitlement Pass Book (DEPS) is an scheme of Indian Government provided to _? [A] Exporters[B] Importers[C] Wholesalers [D] Retailers Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Exporters] Notes:DEPB (Duty Entitlement Pass Book) is an export incentive scheme of Indian Government provided to Exporters in India. 2. Frugal engineering is defined as the process of: [A] raising the profit ..