GKToday’s Daily General Knowledge Quiz 668 with questions, answers, explanation and notes on ancient Indian History. Ancient Indian History MCQs for competitive examinations 2018-2019.
GK Questions: 2009-2018
Welcome to General Knowledge Quiz Archive of GKToday. This section comprises GK Questions from 2008 to 2018 on static subjects including Indian History, Geography, Economy, Policy, Banking, Society, Environment etc. for competitive examinations including SSC, UPSC, UPPSC, RPSC, MPSC and Other states exams, IBPS, Bank PO, CDS, NDA and all other examinations.
GKToday’s daily General Knowledge Quiz 667 on General Knowledge multiple choice questions on miscellaneous topics such as pylons of the Egyptian temples, mineral producer states, deflation and disinflation, India’s first Uranium Mine, Tabo Monastery, Official languages of UN, President of India
GKToday’s daily General Knowledge Quiz 666 on General Knowledge multiple choice questions on miscellaneous topics such as canals, India’s petrochemical centres, port sequence from south to north, boundaries of India’s neighbourhood countries, Melanesia region; features of Eutrophic lakes; No-confidence motion; unopposed elected presidents of India; Krishnadeva Raya and Galden Namgey Lhatse.
GKToday’s daily General Knowledge Quiz 665 on General Knowledge multiple choice questions on miscellaneous topics such Australia group; agreements under World Trade Organization (WTO); Berne convention; Tracks in diplomacy; Bikini Day; shortest recorded war in human history; Shatt-al-Arab region etc.
GKToday’s daily General Knowledge Quiz 664 on General Knowledge multiple choice questions on miscellaneous topics such as metals as conductors of heat; key features of Bitumen; Belt of Doldrums; Crops in India; Examples of Equatorial crops; Branches of Science;Piedmont plateau; ancient port site of Godavaya; Western Disturbances
GKToday’s daily General Knowledge Quiz 663 on History and Geography with multiple choice questions on topics – Isohyets; concept of differential heating; Gedrosia; Rummindei Pillar Inscription; contemporary rulers of Buddha; Deimachus of Plataea; Kalpasutra; Kasyapa Matanga; Kahapana and Arikamedu
GKToday’s daily quiz 14 on Finance, Business & Economy for Bank exams with multiple choice questions on topics like shell companies, size of Indian economy, sugar production, size of new currency notes, G3 economies, coal mines, BIMSTEC, passive instruments and India’s printing press locations for currency notes.
GKToday’s daily quiz 13 on Indian Art & Culture for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on topics like Heritage sites, temples, paintings, folk dances, etc.
GKToday’s daily quiz 12 on General Science for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on Electronegativity, Plane Mirror, High-Refractive-Index Polymer, Leukocytes, digestive system, and so on..
GKToday’s daily quiz 11 on Business, Finance & Economy for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on RBI, Monetary Policy Committee, Currency, SDR, Taxes, and so on…
GKToday’s daily quiz 658 on India and World Geography for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on topics like planets, straits, land borders, etc..
GKToday’s daily quiz 657 on Indian History for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on topics like Mahad Satyagraha, Persian ambassador, Kamandakiya-Nitisara, Poona Pact, Treaty of Seringapatam, and so on..
GKToday’s daily quiz 656 on Medieval Indian History for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on Various Rulers, Events, and other happenings during Medieval period…
GKToday’s daily quiz 7 on Modern Indian History for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on Viceroys, Commissions, Acts, and other historical events…
GKToday’s daily quiz 654 on Indian Polity for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on President, Rajya Sabha, Lok Sabha, Schedules and so on..
GKToday’s daily quiz 652 on Environment & Ecology for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions on on largest brackish water lagoon, biodiversity hotspots, UNESCO heritage sites, Golden Langur, Clouded Leopard National Park, NBAGR, Stockholm Convention, Barapni Lake etc.
GKToday’s daily quiz 652 on Indian Economy for SSC and State Exams with multiple choice questions.
GKToday’s daily quiz 3 on World Geography for SSC and State Exams
GKToday’s daily general knowledge GK quiz on Ancient Indian History for SSC Examinations 2017.
GKToday’s daily general knowledge quiz on Indian Geography for SSC Examinations 2017 for 23 July 2017.
1. Which among the following was the first bank purely managed by Indians? [A]Oudh Commercial Bank [B]Punjab National Bank [C]Bank of India [D]Allahabad Show Answer Punjab National Bank The first Bank with Limited Liability to be managed by Indian Board was Oudh Commercial Bank. It was established in 1881 at Faizabad. This bank failed in
1. The International Designator, also known as COSPAR designation, is an international naming convention for ___? [A]Rockets [B]Satellites [C]Typhoons [D]Galaxies Satellites The International Designator, also known as COSPAR designation, is an international naming convention for satellites. It consists of the launch year, a 3-digit incrementing launch number of that year and up to a 3-letter
1. The Cabinet Committee on Investments has been set-up to address which of the following___? [A]To submit a report on the hurdles creating bottle-necks on the economy [B]To boost big ticket investments and untangle red-tapism [C]To fast track disinvestment in PSUs [D]To attract foreign investment into India to attract foreign investment into India To boost
1. Who among the following can dismiss Governor of a state from his office? [A]State Legislative Assembly [B]Parliament [C]President [D]None of them President Show Answer 2. A member of a State Public Service Commission can be appointed and removed respectively by __: [A]Governor, Governor [B]Governor, President [C]President, Governor [D]President, President Governor, President Governor can appoint
1. Consider the following observations about the “Sulbasutras” discussed in context with the ancient Indian history and heritage: 1. The formulae in the Sulbasutras enabled the accurate construction of altars needed for sacrifices 2. Apart from Bodhayana, Lopamudra is also credited for some Sulbasutras 3. The mathematics in the Baudhayan’s Sulbasutras was algebraic Which among
1. The revolutionary organisation ‘Abhinav Bharat Society’ was founded in 1904 by: [A]Bhagat Singh [B]Vinayak Damodar Savarkar [C]Barindra Kumar Ghosh [D]Pulin Behari Das Vinayak Damodar Savarkar Show Answer 2. Who among the following propounded the ‘Safety Valve Theory’ of the foundation of Congress? [A]Lala Lajpat Rai [B]Anand Mohan Bose [C]Surendra Nath Banerjee [D]Bipin Chandra Pal
1. Barclays Chairman ‘Marcus Agius’ was recently compelled to resign for being involved in a scandal which has dealt a devastating blow to the bank’s reputation.The scandal is related to: [A]Insider trading [B]LIBOR interest rates [C]Money laundering [D]Credit Default Swap LIBOR interest rates Show Answer 2. Who among the following has become the third cricketer
1. The Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) Protocol adopted by COP-10 at Nagoya is regarding the fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the use of: [A]The genetic resources of the earth. [B]Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZs) [C]Marine and coastal areas significant for ‘eco-tourism’. [D]Technology transfer mechanisms for Clean Energy Development. Show Answer The genetic
1.Consider the following statements: 1.The President is immune from any civil proceedings against him/her. 2.But after giving two months’ notice, criminal proceedings can be instituted againthe President. Which of the statement(s) given above is correct regarding the immunity enjoyed by the President in respect of his/her ‘personal’ acts, during his/her tenure : [A]Only 1 [B]Only
1.Consider the following Statements: 1.River Irrawady drains into the Gulf of Martaban. 2.The Chindwin basin is situated in Myanmar. Which of the Statement(s) given above is/are correct? [A]Only 1 [B]Only 2 [C]Both 1 and 2 [D]Neither 1 nor 2 Both 1 and 2 Show Answer 2.The famous ‘Angkor Vat’ temple is situated in which of