Physics GK 11 - Surface Tension & Capillarity
1. What is the property of a liquid due to which its free surface tries to have minimum surface area?
2. Which of the following is correct about Surface Tension?
3. Why a small liquid drop is in spherical shape?
4. Which of the following factors affect the Surface Tension?
5. Which is the effect of increase in the temperature on the surface tension of the liquid?
6. What is the main cause of capillarity?
7. What is the shape of meniscus when angle of contact is greater than 90°?
8. Which is correct about the height of a capillary column of a liquid, at a particular temperature, as per Jurin’s law?
9. What will be the change in the height of water in a capillary tube in stationary condition on earth if the same tube is taken in a lift going downward with acceleration?
10. When will the height of water in capillary tube be minimum?