Indian Economy MCQs
Which of the following Price Indices of India is considered for measuring ‘Headline Inflation’?
Consider the following Statements:
- Indicative Planning is a feature of ‘Mixed Economy’.
- Perspective Planning is used by socialist countries where each and every aspect of planning is controlled by the State.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
Arrange the following in the descending order of the largest agricultural imports of India:
2.Wood and Wood Products
3.Edible Vegtable Oils
Which of the following agricultural commodity of India gives largest in terms of export value?
Public Distribution System(PDS) is operated under the responsibility of the:
The central nodal agency for implementing the price support operations for commercial crops is:
Which of the following are the provisions of SARFAESI Act which enables banks to reduce their non-performing assets (NPAs)
- Enforcement of Security Interest by secured creditor (Banks/ Financial Institutions).
- Transfer of non- performing assets to asset reconstruction company , which will then dispose of those assets and realise the proceeds.
- To provide a legal framework for securitization of assets.
- Assisting banks in making the credibility track record of customers under Credit Information Bureau of India (CIBIL).
Indian Currency Printing Institutions are located in which of the following places?
Select the correct option:
Which of the following statements regarding the ‘Viability Gap Funding Scheme (VGF)’ is not true?
The government has powers under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (EC Act) to declare a commodity as an essential commodity to ensure its availability to people at fair price. The Commodities covered under the Act include :
4.Petroleum and Petroleum Products
5.Cotton and Jute seeds