Modern Indian History & Freedom Struggle Questions (MCQs)
Multiple choice questions on Modern Indian History & Freedom Struggle for General Studies and GK preparation of SSC, NDA, CDS, UPSC, UPPSC and State PSC Examinations.
1. At which of the following places was the first ever European township constructed in India?
2. Lord Ripon appointed Hunter commission for?
3. In context with the Constituent Assembly, which among the following observations is / are correct?
- The members of Constituent Assembly were elected directly
- The basis of seats allocation was population
- Composition of the Constituent Assembly was roughly in line with the suggestions of the Cabinet Mission plan
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
4. The famous book “Ghulamgiri” was written by__:
5. The first victim of the British policy of Subsidiary Alliance was___?
6. On which among the following occasions, Bombay was handed over to Britishers by the Portuguese ?
7. The Governor General of India at the time of formation of the Indian National Congress was __?
8. Which of the following acts of the British India strengthened the Viceroy’s authority over his executive councils by substituting “portfolio” or departmental system for Corporate Functioning?
9. Which among the following act provided for the Public Service Commission in India for the first time?
10. In which year, first nationwide elections were held in Afghanistan?