General Science Chemistry MCQs
Chemistry Objective (Multiple Choice) General Knowledge Questions & Answers for SSC-CGL, UPPSC, UPSC, NDA, CDS and UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination
1. The term “white coal” sometimes referred to which of the following?
2. Which of the following is not a non-metallic mineral?
3. Which among the following types of glasses contains Cerium and other rare earths and has a high absorption of ultraviolet rays?
4. Which among the following is a common salt in Detergents?
5. Which among the following is major component of Gobar Gas?
6. Charles Goodyear is known for which of the following ?
7. Kimberley Process” is related to which among the following ?
With reference to the halogen family of elements, consider the following:
- The halogen that is most active chemically
- The halogen with the smallest ionic radius
- The halogen that first shows some visible metallic properties at room temperature
Which among the following is the correct set of elements denoting the above properties respectively:
9. Consider the following comparisons of Diesel with Gasoline:
1. In comparison to Gasoline, Diesel offers low volumetric energy density
2. In comparison to Gasoline, Diesel is cheap all over the world
3. In comparison to Gasoline, CO2 emissions from diesel are higher
Choose the correct option from the codes given below: