General Science Chemistry MCQs
Chemistry Objective (Multiple Choice) General Knowledge Questions & Answers for SSC-CGL, UPPSC, UPSC, NDA, CDS and UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination
Advertisement [contact-form-7 id="141158" title="Contact form 1"]
21. Which of the following chemicals is used as a molecular sieve to filter common salts from seawater to produce potable water?
22. Consider the following statements about the Coalbed Methane:
- It is called 'sweet gas' because of its lack of hydrogen sulphide
- It contains very little heavier hydrocarbons such as propane or butane
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
23. Which of the following strains is produced in a body if the deforming force produces a change in the shape of the body without changing its volume?
24. What is the name given to the linear strain produced in the direction of deforming force?
25. Which of the following element has the highest first ionization enthalpy?
26. Which of the following is correct about the atomic and ionic radii of the alkaline earth metals?
27. What is the chemical name of Quick lime?
28. What happens to the non-metallic character of elements in the p-block of the periodic table?
29. What is the hemihydrate of calcium sulphate commonly known as?
30. Which of the following is correct about Hydrazine?