Environment & Biodiversity Current Affairs MCQs
This category comprises 50 random questions from the total 59 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Environment & Biodiversity Current Affairs category published in gktoday from 1 January, 2019 till May 30, 2020.
1. Fausta, a female black rhino, believed to be the world’s oldest rhino, had recently died in Tanzanian conservation area. What is the IUCN status of the black rhinos?
2. Which state is going to conduct its maiden snow leopard survey?
3. Which river, which was recently in news for failed rejuvenation efforts, is known as Mexico’s most polluted waterway by the UN?
4. Which nation has recently banned the ‘reef toxic’ sunscreen?
5. What is Landouria tonywhitteni that was named after Tony Whitten?
6. Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is going to initiate the Asiatic Lion Census in May 2020. What is the IUCN status of the Asiatic Lions?
7. According to the recent data from the Ministry of Forest Environment and Climate Change (MoEFCC), what is the total number of tiger deaths occurred in India during 2019?
8. Which is the first country to ban sun screens, that are toxic to coral reefs and sea life?
9. Which state will have the country’s first rehabilitation centre for freshwater turtles?
10. Bhitarkanika National Park, sometimes seen in news is situated in which Indian state?