Environment & Biodiversity Current Affairs MCQs
This category comprises 50 random questions from the total 88 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Environment & Biodiversity Current Affairs category published in gktoday from 1 January, 2019 till August 11, 2020.
1. Fausta, a female black rhino, believed to be the world’s oldest rhino, had recently died in Tanzanian conservation area. What is the IUCN status of the black rhinos?
2. Which river, which was recently in news for failed rejuvenation efforts, is known as Mexico’s most polluted waterway by the UN?
3. Which nation has recently banned the ‘reef toxic’ sunscreen?
4. What is Landouria tonywhitteni that was named after Tony Whitten?
5. Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is going to initiate the Asiatic Lion Census in May 2020. What is the IUCN status of the Asiatic Lions?
6. According to the recent data from the Ministry of Forest Environment and Climate Change (MoEFCC), what is the total number of tiger deaths occurred in India during 2019?
7. Which state will have the country’s first rehabilitation centre for freshwater turtles?
8. According to the India Meteorological Department’s (IMD’s) Statement on Climate of India During 2019 report, Arabian Sea on India’s west coast saw a 400% rise in cyclones, a record that is repeated only after 1902. Which five cyclones hit Arabian Sea in 2019?
9. Which national park recorded 96 unique species of wetland birds, recently?
10. Which major tech-company recently announced that it has planned to cut more than half of carbon emissions across its supply chain, by 2030?