Environment & Biodiversity Current Affairs MCQs
This category comprises 50 random questions from the total 74 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Environment & Biodiversity Current Affairs category published in gktoday from 1 January, 2019 till July 4, 2020.
31. According to a recent study, the glaciers of which India state are losing mass faster than other parts of the Himalayas?
32. Which national park in India has set up the country’s first quarantine facility for animals?
33. The term ‘Long Range Forecast (LRF)’, which was seen in news recently, is used to predict which parameter?
34. Which newly discovered species in Arunachal Pradesh has been named after Salazar, a fictional character of the Harry Potter series?
35. As per the recent statement of World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the ozone hole over which region has depleted significantly?
36. The first instance of African Swine Fever (AFS) has been reported in which Indian state/UT?
37. Which plant species was removed from the ‘Tree’ category, through the amendment made in the Indian Forest Act, 1927?
38. Which is the only mangrove forest in the world inhabited by tigers?
39. The phenomenon ‘Arribada’, that was seen in news recently, is associated with which species?
40. Which Indian state witnessed the death of as many as 13000 pigs due to the outbreak of African swine fever (AFS)?