Physics GK 16 - Sound Waves
1. What do we call the distance between two consecutive compressions of a sound wave?
2. In which of the following the sound cannot travel?
3. What is the time taken by two consecutive compressions or rarefactions to cross a fixed point in a sound wave known as?
4. What is the relationship between the frequency and the pitch of a sound wave?
5. What do we call the magnitude of the maximum disturbance in the medium on either side of the mean value called as?
6. Which of the following represents the speed of a sound wave?
7. What is the measure of the response of the ear to the sound known as?
8. What is the effect of increase of temperature on the speed of sound?
9. What is supersonic speed?
10. What is the speed of sound in air at 0 ºC?