Physics GK 07 - Satellites
1. What do we call the minimum velocity with which a body must be projected up, so as to enable it to just overcome the gravitational pull?
2. What is the value of escape velocity for earth?
3. On which of the following the escape velocity of a body does not depend?
4. Which of the following condition will be true for a planet to have atmosphere?
5. What is the height of geo-stationary satellites from the surface of the earth?
6. The minimum speed required to put a satellite into a given orbit around earth is known as:
7. An orbital velocity of a satellite does not depend on which of the following?
8. Two satellites, A having mass of 500 kgs and B having mass of 1200 kgs, are launched from earth. Which of these will have a greater orbital velocity if the radius of orbit is same for both?
9. What happens to the orbital velocity of a satellite when the radius of orbit is increased?
10. Which of the following is the orbital velocity of a satellite orbiting very close to the surface of earth?