Physics GK 10 - Floatation
1. Who was the first to state the principle of floatation?
2. What is the upward force experienced by a body, when it is immersed in a fluid, known as?
3. On which of these factors, the buoyancy depends?
4. What happens to a body when its density is greater than the density of the fluid?
5. Which of the following is NOT an application of principle of floatation?
6. Which of the following represents the condition for floatation?
7. What happens to a body when its density is equal to the density of the fluid?
8. What do we call the centre of gravity of the liquid displaced by a body?
9. Which of the following is equal to the upthrust of the body?
10. What will be the buoyant force acting on the stone, on being immersed in water, if it displaces 100gms of water?