Quiz 75 : Indian Economy Questions for All Examinations
1. In which among the following years, a new ” Liberalized Industrial Policy ” in India was announced for the first time?
2. In which among the following years, the MRTP act became effective?
3. In the Industrial Policy of 1991, how many industries were reserved only for Public Sector?
4. In an oligopolistic or monopolistically competitive market, firms do not raise their prices because even a small price increase will lose many customers. Which among the following is the most suitable terms used for this concept ?
5. In context with the two way trade of India with different regions, which among the following region is India’s largest trade partner?
6. Consider the following statements in context with the Free Market Economy:
1. The role of market forces and competition is eliminated by law
2. There is a high degree of competition in both commodity and factor markets
3. Private gains are the main motivating and guiding force for carrying out economic activities
Which among the above is/ are correct statements?
[A]Only 1 & 2 are correct
[B]Only 2 & 3 are correct
[C]All are correct
[D]None of them is correct
7. Which among the following was NOT a reason behind India’s poverty as pointed out by Dadabhai Naoroji in his famous work “Poverty and Un-British Rule in India” ?
[A]Expenditure of the European Officials in England
[B]Money sent by the British professionals to England
[C]India’s Population growth
[D]Bringing of British Capital in India
8. Which among the following was the first deepwater block in India to start production?
[A]Krishna Godavari D-6
[B] Mahanadi deepwater block NEC-DWN-2002/1
9. Which among the following State/ UT / city has the highest per capita electricity consumption in the country?
[D]Dadra & Nagar Haveli
10. Which among the following represents a decrease in the Owner’s equity?
[A]Issue of Bonus Shares
[B]Redemption of the Debentures
[C]Redemption of the Preference Shares
[D]Purchase of the Building
11. Which among the following will be a debit entry in India’s balance of payments?
[A]Imports of goods by India.
[B]Income of Indian investments abroad.
[C]Receipts of transfer payments.
[D]Exports of services by India.
12. Which among the following states leads in the Infant Mortality Rate in India?
13. Yashaswini rural healthcare scheme is being implemented in which among the following states of India?
14. Which among the following states of India is running the Dhanwantari Yojana in the healthcare sector?
15. Which among the following sectors has largest contribution in Gross Domestic Savings in India?
[C]Private Sector Corporates