Quiz 74: General Knowledge of India for All Examinations
1. Consider the following rivers:
Which among the following is the correct decreasing order of the above rivers in terms of their length?
2. India’s first Nobel Prize for Physics was claimed in 1930 by the renowned physicist Sir C.V. Raman for his work in which among the following fields?
3. Which among the following was the main center of activity of Mother Teresa , where she served the cause of dying destitute, lepers and drug addicts?
4. Chandrashekhar Limit, devised by Dr S. Chandrashekhar posts a limit of mass of which among the following?
[C]Steller Black Hole
[D]Young stellar object
5. In terms of Economics, who among the following has propounded the “impossibility theorem”, which says that it was not possible to aggregate individual choices into a satisfactory choice for society as a whole?
6. How many Prime Ministers of India have been awarded Bharat Ratna till date?
7. Who among the following was the first chairman of UPSC?
[A]Sir Ross Barker
[B]Sir David Petrie
[C]Sir Eyre Gorden
[D]Sir F.W. Robertson
8. Atal Bihari Vajpayee was sworn in as India’s Prime Minister for how many times?
9. In which among the following current Union Territories of India, a Varishtha Panchayat was working as an advisory body of the Administration, immediately after it was merged with Union of India?
[A]Daman & Diu
[B]Dadra & Nagar Haveli
10. Before its name was shortened by the British into United Provinces in 1935, by which among the following names Modern Uttar Pradesh was known?
[A]United Provinces of Northern India
[B]Presidency of Agra and Allahabad
[C]United Provinces of Agra and Oudh
[D]United Provinces of Agra, Allahabad and Oudh
11. Which among the following states of India is also known as Dev Bhoomi?
12. ‘Rajmala’ is an important source of History of which among the following states of India?
[D]Jammu & Kashmir
13. Consider the following :
Which among the above are principle ethnic communities of Sikkim?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
14. The famous Muslim pilgrimage town “Galiakot” is located in which among the following states of India?
15. Which among the following was the first conglomeration of the scattered princely states , which later became modern Rajasthan after several more mergers?
[C]United State of Greater Rajasthan