Quiz 246: World Geography for Civil Services Preliminary Examination
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »
1. An eye of a cyclone is a central circular region characterized by which of the following?
2. Which among the following is the standard map projection for nautical purposes (suitable for showing sea routes)?
3. Which among the following is the most abundant element by mass in Earth’s Crust ?
4. Horse latitudes are High Pressure Subtropical Calm belts which make an area that receives little precipitation and has variable winds mixed with calm. These latitudes lie between which of the following?
5. As per the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea , what is the territorial limit of littoral states for exploitation of Oil & Gas in the seas?
6. About 90% of the world’s earthquakes and 80% of the world’s largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire. In which sea this Ring of Fire lies ?
7. How many main Tropical cyclone warning centers are there in the world?
8. Near which of the following countries a Tropical Storm will originate?
9. A mountain range which extends along the southern margin of Eurasia. Stretching from Java to Sumatra through the Himalayas, the Mediterranean, and out into the Atlantic is called?
10. What is the name of the mountain range in central Asia, where Russia, China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan come together?