GK & Current Affairs: March 17, 18, 2014
1. As per the Indian Aviation report 2014, which one of the following is the main reason for rendering Indian aviation sector uncompetitive?
[B]Lack of Skill
Indian Aviation report 2014 released by FICCI and KPMG state that aviation industry is over-taxed, this aspect is clearly reflected in the industry’s lack of competitiveness at the global level.
2. The state in which Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir is proposed to be built is __?
A project for building a skyscraper temple “Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir”, billed to be tallest shrine in the world, was inaugurated in Vrindavan, UP coinciding with the Holi festival. The project will cost more than Rs 300 crore and ISKCON is hoping to conclude the temple construction within the next five years.
3. According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), which among the following are world’s top three arms importing countries?
[A]China, India and Pakistan
[B]Pakistan, China and India
[C]India, China and Pakistan
[D]China, Pakistan and India
India, China and Pakistan
India remains the biggest buyer of arms in the world, importing nearly three times as many weapons as its nearest competitors China and Pakistan over the last five years. According to SIPRI, world’s top five arms importers were now India, China, Pakistan, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
4. Which among the following countries is the largest supplier of arms to India in 2009-13?
Russia is the main supplier of arms to India in 2009-13, accounting for 75 per cent of all imports.
5. Recently, government has approved to set up country’s second nuclear fuel complex to reprocess atomic fuel in ___?
The cabinet committee on security cleared the proposal to set up a second nuclear fuel complex next to Rawabhata nuclear plant in Kota, Rajasthan at a cost of Rs 2,400 crore. The new nuclear fuel complex in Kota will cater to atomic plants in North India.
6. “Rani-ki-Vav” which has been nominated for World Heritage Status is a 11th century step well located in____?
India has nominated Rani-ki-Vav, a 11th century step well located in Patan, Gujarat as candidate for UNESCO’s World Heritage Site status this year. Rani-ki-Vav, one of the finest examples of step wells in Gujarat, was constructed by Queen Udayamati of Solanki Dynasty.
7. Name the Czech priest, philosopher who has won the 2014 Templeton Prize?
Tomas Halik, a Roman Catholic priest and philosopher, one time Czech political activist and an advocate for religious freedom and interfaith dialogue, won the 2014 Templeton Prize for religious and spiritual progress.
8. National Mission for protein supplements is a subscheme under __? Integrated Child Development Services National Food Security Mission Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana National Horticulture Mission
Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
National Mission for protein supplements is a subsheme of RKVY. It focuses on animal based protein production through livestock development, dairy farming, piggery, goat rearing and fisheries in selected blocks.
9. Bahini Darbar is a monthly newspaper by the women for the women in __?
Bahini Darbar is a monthly newspaper, writing about issues of the surrounding villages and actively participating in getting the problems resolved too. Bahini Darbar meaning sister’s court in Bagheli, started with just 15 members now boasts around 700 members from 25 villages of the Dahora block, Madhya Pradesh.
10. Kerem Shalom border crossing is a border crossing between____?
[A]Israel and Egypt
[B]India and Bangladesh
[C]Pakistan and Afghanistan
[D]China and Russia
Israel and Egypt
Kerem Shalom border crossing is a border crossing on the Gaza Strip-Israel-Egypt border managed by the Israel Airports Authority. The crossing is used by trucks carrying goods from Israel to the Gaza strip.