GK & Current Affairs: March 15, 16, 2014
1. The “SVEEP” programme, which is being reporting in newspapers nowadays, is associated with ____?
2. Which among the following states has been ranked top in the recently released “Economic Freedom of the States of India” report 2013?
Gujarat continues to remain the top-ranked Indian state in terms of economic freedom an index that measures governance, growth, citizen’s right and labour and business regulation among the country’s 20 largest state. Gujarat with an index score of 0.65 ranked no.1. Tamil Nadu remains in second position.
3. NASA was launched STEREO spacecraft to study the ___?
[A]Extreme Space Weather
Extreme Space Weather
STEREO (Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory) is the third mission in NASA’s solar terrestrial probes program. The mission, launched in October 2006, the stereo has revealed the 3 structure of coronal mass ejections, violent eruptions of matter from the sun that can disrupt satellites and power grids.
4. Recently, RBI has proposed setting up of a trade Receivables and credit exchange (TCE) for financing ____?
[A]Regional Rural Banks
[B]Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
[C]Public Sector Banks
[D]Non Banking Financial Corporations
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
5. Who among the following has been awarded with “Green Crusader Award of the Year”?
Maneka Ghandi, Politician, animal rights activist and environmentalist was awarded Green Crusader Award of the Year for her contribution towards protection of animals.
6. Apart from a Chief Election commissioner, the Election Commission of India has how many election commissioners?
The election commission consists of a chief election commissioner and two election commissioners, appointed by President of India.
7. As per the Ministry of Environment and Forest latest notification which among the following states has largest “ecologically sensitive area” in Western Ghats?
The government notification identifies approximately 37 per cent of the Western Ghats as ecologically sensitive, which covers an area of 56,825 sq km only on a horizontal distance of 1,500 km. This is spread across six states of the Western Ghats region namely Gujarat (449 sq km), Maharashtra (17,340 sq km), Tamil Nadu (6,914 sq km), Goa (1,461sq km), Karnataka (20,668 sq km) and Kerala (9,993 sq km).
8. Who among the following is the chairman of National Integration Council?
Prime Minister is the chairman of National Integration Council. The NIC was set up in 1962 to review the matters relating to national integration and makes recommendations on such issues.
9. India has recently developed indigenous artillery gun which is said to be improved and indigenous version of the Swedish Bofors. The name of the gun is ___?
Dhanush is the name of India’s indigenous artillery gun. Dhanush, an improved and indigenous version of the Swedish Bofors, is a 155mm and 45 calibre gun. Dhanush can fire a salvo up to 38 km in the plains.
10. Which one of the following is not a “Navaratna” company?
[A]Bharat Electronics Limited
[B]Indian Oil Corporation
[C]Airports Authority of India
[D]Rural Electrification and Corporation Limited
Indian Oil Corporation
Indian Oil Corporation is one of the seven Maharatna status companies of India.