Current Affairs Quiz: November 26, 27, 2013
1. Who among the following has recently become the first Indian to win the Indonesia Open?
Ganganjeet Bhullar India’s Ganganjeet Bhullar scripted a brilliant chapter in India’s golfing history, winning the Indonesia Open. The Arjun awardee carded a blemish-free-three-under 68 in the final round to leave behind Thailand’s Chapchai Nirat and Nicolas Fung of Malaysia by three strokes.
2. At present, which of the following states has largest number products protected by the Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
KarnatakaAs of April this year, Karnataka with 32 GI products topped the national list followed by Tamil Nadu (24), Andhra Pradesh (22) and Kerala (20).
3. Recently, the Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal-II has upheld its award of 2010 and raising the height of the Almatti reservoir from 519.60 metres to 524.26 metres. The Almatii Dam is located in __?
KarnatakaThe Almatti Dam is a dam project on the Krishna River in North Karnataka. The Krishna Water Dispute Tribunal II has upheld has recently upheld its award of 2010 raising the height of the Almatti reservoir from 519.60 metres to 524.26 metres.
4. Which of the following banks has recently launched new insurance-linked savings account scheme “AB Jeevan Abhaya Plus”?
Andhra BankAndhra Bank has launched its new insurance-linked savings account scheme “AB Jeevan Abhya Plus” from December 1. As per the scheme, customers who would opt for this savings account will be provided insurance cover of Rs.2 lakhs.
5. Who among the following has won the Macau Prix Gold Title 2013?
PV Sindhu India’s raising shuttler PV Sindhu clinched the women’s singles title at the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold tournament. Sindhu beat world no.30 Li Michelle of Canada 21-15, 21-12.
6. The Rural Ministry has launched a “Kaam Mango Abhiyan” which seeks to increase awareness around the entitlements of ___?
MGNREGAThe Ministry of Rural Development has launched a “Kaam Mango Abhiyan” after recognising the work under MGNREGA is not necessarily due to lack of demand but caused by a failure to capture demand effectively. This campaign seeks to increase awareness around the entitlements of MGNREGA and increase participation in the programme by fulfilling the guarantee
7. Which of the following committees has been constituted to prepare a roadmap for enhancing domestic production of oil and gas so as to reduce the nation’s import dependency by 2030?
[B]Vijay Kelkar Committee
Vijay Kelkar CommitteeThe government had in March appointed a panel under economist Vijay Kelkar to prepare a roadmap for enhancing domestic production of oil and gas so as to reduce the nation’s import dependency by 2030. The panel has been as ked to suggest steps to be taken for enhancing domestic oil and gas production from the unconventional energy sources and institutional mechanism for appraisal of Indian sedimentary basins to the extent of 75 per cent by 2015 and 100 per cent by 2025.
8. With reference to “Operation Blue Virus” which of the following statement is true?
[A]An undercover investigation by Cobrapost
[B]An operation conducted by terrorists to steal information from foreign websiteS
[C]A mission carried out to destroy chemical weapons in Syria
[D]An operation to check MERS disease spread in Arab countries
An undercover investigation by CobrapostThe operation blue virus, an undercover investigation by Cobrapost to show how social media platforms such as facebooks, Twitter and other are coming in handy for politicians to artificially boost their popularity, and malign their opponents, with help of IT companies across India which specialize in providing customized online reputation management services, for a fee.
9. The “Tuareg separatist group” is a rebellion group active in which country?
MaliThe Taureg separatist group is a rebel group active in Mali with the aim of achieving autonomy or forming their own nation-state.
10. The term Cephalic Index is used for ___?
HeadThe Cephalic index or cranial index is the ratio of the maximum width of the head of an organism multiplied by 100 divided by its maximum length. Today it is mainly widely used to describe individuals appearances and for estimating the age of foetuses for legal and obstetrical reasons.