Current Affairs Quiz: November 24, 25, 2013
1. Which among the following is the largest steel producing company of the world?
Options A, B, C and D are largest steel producers of the world respectively.
2. Which of the following correctly represents the world’s top four largest steel producing countries?
[A]China, Japan, US and India
[B]China, US, India and Japan
[C]China, US, Japan and India
[D]US, China, Japan and India
China, Japan, US and India
World’s top four steel producing countries are China, Japan, US and India.
3. Hall of Fame Vern Mikkelsen, who passed away recently, was a famous player of __?
Vern Mikkelsen, was a famous Basketball player, who played all 10 of his NBA seasons with the then-Minneapolis Lakers died at 85.
4. Volocopter, world’s first green helicopter which is noiseless and emission free has been tested in which country, recently?
The world’s first green helicopter which is noiseless and emission-free has been successfully tested in Germany. The two-seat prototype of the “Volocopter”, by the company e-volo, made its maiden voyage on November 17 in Karlsruhe, Germany. The Volocopter is an environmentally friendly and emission-free private helicopter.
5. Which of the following parties has emerged as the leading party in election to Nepal’s second constituent assembly?
[A]The Nepali Congress
[B]The Sadbhavna Party
[C]Nepal Majdoor Kisan Party
[D]Rastriya Prajantra Party
The Nepali Congress
The Nepali Congress emerged as the single largest party in election to Nepal’s second constituent assembly winning 105 of the 240 seats under the first-past-the-post category results which were finally declared. The Nepali congress was followed by the Communist Party of Nepal with 92 seats.
6. In Banking system, an account is designated as inoperative if it is not used for more than __ years. Fill the blank with correct option?
An account is designated as inoperative if it is not operated for more than two years. After it is deemed inoperative and eight years lapse without any operation other than interest credits and service charge debits, the account is shifted to an unclaimed deposit.
7. The Seventh Schedule of the Constitution of India contains the provisions regarding:
[A]Oaths and Affirmations
[C]Administration of Tribal areas
[D]Union, State and Concurrent Lists
Union, State and Concurrent Lists
The seventh schedule of the constitution allocates the power and functions between union and states consist of union list, state list and concurrent list
8. The “Mount Etna”, “Mount Sinabung” and “Mount Merapi” are the active volcanoes located in which of the following countries, respectively?
[A]Italy, Russia and Indonesia
[B]Italy, Indonesia and Russia
[C]Italy, Indonesia and Indonesia
[D]Japan, Italy and Russia
Italy, Indonesia and Indonesia
Mount Etna is an active stratovolcano on the east coast of Silicy, Italy. Mount Sinabung and the Mount Merapi are the active volcanoes in Indonesia.
9. In which of following states “Melghat” and “Tadoba-Andhari” Tiger reserves are located?
10. With reference to the Amazon rainforest, consider the following statements:
1. It is spread across as many as nine countries in South America
2. Majority of the Amazon rainforest is in Brazil
3. It is a type of moist broadleaf forest
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]1 & 3
1, 2 & 3
The Amazon rainforest is a moist broadleaf forest that covers most of the Amazon Basin of South America. This region includes territory belonging to nine nations. The majority of the forest is contained within Brazil, with 60% of the rain forest, followed by Peru with 13%, Colombia with 10% and with minor amounts in Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana.