GK & Current Affairs: August 24, 2013
1. World’s largest solar park is coming up in which one of the following states?
State government of Rajasthan laid the foundation stone for the world’s biggest solar park at Bhandla of Jodhpur district. The solar park with generation capacity of 3000WM would be commissioned in phased manner. In its first phase the solar park will generate 1000 MW. It would be established in 10 thousand hectare land and Asian Development Bank will provide 3000 crore rupees loan for the for development of transition lines.
2. The term “Elasmobranches” is a collective name for the____?
[A]Shark, Skates and Rays
[B]Shark, Rays and Dolphins
[C]Shark, Skates and Dolphins
[D]Skates, Dolphins and Rays
Shark, Skates and Rays
The term Elasmobranches is a collective name for the sharks, skates and rays. Elasmobranches have a skeleton made of cartilage, no swim bladders and rough skin made up of small dermal dentils. Elasmobranches are renowned for their highly tuned senses.
3. Which one of the followings is/are used as an indicator to measure the insurance development in a country?
[D]Insurance Penetration & Density
Insurance Penetration & Density
Insurance Density and Insurance Penetration are the two important indicators, which provide the level of development of insurance sector in an economy. Insurance penetration is defined as the ration of total premium collected to the Gross Domestic Product of an economy. The Insurance Density is defined as the ration of total premium to the total population in the country.
4. As per an official data, which states has forest cover 47.3% of its total geographical area highest in the Country?
Sikkim is India’s Greenest State with a forest cover 47.3% of its total geographical area and is more than double the national average of 21%.
5. The Muslim Brotherhood is a Islamic political organization active in___?
The Society of Muslim Brothers is a translational Islamic political organization in Egypt. It was founded in Egypt in 1928, as a Pan-Islamic, religious, political and social movement by the Islamic scholar and school teacher Hassan al-Banna.
6. Which is the largest natural rubber producing country in the world?
Thailand is the world’s largest natural rubber producing country followed by Indonesia and Malaysia. India is the fourth largest natural rubber producing country in the world.
7. The Hand-in-Hand is a bilateral counter terrorism exercise between India and ___?
India and Chinese armies will resume their bilateral “Hand-in-Hand” counter terrorism exercise this November after a five year gap. The third Hand-in-Hand exercise will be held in China’s Chengdu Military Area Command, which controls Tibet and almost the entire disputed LAC, from November 4 to 14. The HiH exercise, the first two editions of which were held at Kunming (China) in 2007 and Belgaum in 2008.
8. Who among the followings has become the first woman to head the Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd?
Nishi Vasudeva became the first woman to be selected as the head of the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited. At present she is the Director, Marketing HPCL and will take over as the chairman and managing director of the company. She will replace Subir Roy Choudhury, who will retire on 28th February 2014.
9. Which of the followings is/are tributaries of Krishna River?
Chose the correct answers from the code given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 4
[B]Only 1, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]All the above
Only 1, 2 & 3
The most important tributary of Krishna is the Tungabhadra River. Other tributaries include the Kudali River, Koyna, Bhima and Venna River.
10. Recently (August, 2013), which of the following states cabinet approved “Anti Black Magic and Superstition Ordinance”?
A day after the death of anti superstition activist Dr Narendra Dadholkar, the Maharastra cabinet adopted the anti-black magic and superstition ordinance.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »