GK & Current Affairs: July 28, 2013
1. In which of the following countries, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has officially launched his Wikileaks political party?
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has formally launched the Australian Wikileaks Party and announced its federal election candidates. Assange has now officially declared his candidacy for a seat in the Australian candidate.
2. Agricultural census in India is being organized once in every____ years. Fill the blank with correct option?
Agricultural census in India is being organized every five years by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation since 1970-71, in collaboration with the States and Union territories in pursuance of the recommendation of Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nation as a part of World Agricultural census.
3. As per the latest report (July 2013), which of the following has become the world’s most profitable mobile handset vendor?
South Korean handset maker Samsung has become the world’s most profitable mobile handset vendor in the second quarter of current year overtaking its rival Apple. Apple was the world’s most profitable handset vendor for almost four years.
4. Who among the following has been chosen for the inaugural National Yash Chopra Memorial Award?
[D]A R Rahman
Lata Mangeshkar will be given the inaugural National Yash Chopra Memorial Award. The award instituted by TSR foundation, will be given to an outstanding film personality every year.
5. Article 371J of the Constitution of India has provided special status to which one of the following region?
Article 371J grants special status to six backward districts of Hyderabad-Karnataka region.
6. With which one of the following countries, India has signed $15 billion Rafale deal to buy 126 medium range multi-role combat aircrafts (MMRCA)?
French firm Dassault Aviation had won the $15 billion contract to sell 126 French Rafale MMRCA to the Indian Air Force in January 2012. The plan is to import 18 of the fighter jets from Dassault directly while the remaining 108 would be manufactured in Bangalore by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
7. According to latest figures from World Steel Association (WAS), which one of the following country is the largest steel producer?
In 2012 total world crude steel production was 1,547.8 million metric tones. The biggest steel producing country is currently China, which accounted for 46.3% of world steel production in 2012.
8. World’s largest river island Majuli is on which of the following River?
Majuli is a world’s largest river island in the Brahmaputra River, in Assam.
9. Which of the following is/are greenhouse gas?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 1, 3, 4 & 5
[C]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
[D]All the Above
Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
Only 1, 2, 3 & 4 are greenhouse gases.
10. The total number of Olympic gold medals in field hockey won by India is __?
Until the mid-1970s, India dominated international field hockey, winning eight Olympic gold medals and won the inaugural men’s Hockey World Cup held in 1975.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »