GK & Current Affairs: July 27, 2013
1. India’s first cashless treatment of road accident victims has been recently launched at which among the following highways / corridors?
The Country’s first cashless treatment of road accident victims, which ensure free treatment in the first 48 hours, will be launched with the 200-km stretch from Gurgaon’s 32-lane toll plaza to Jaipur bypass of NH-8 to be the pilot corridor. The programme, to be launched by the road transport and highways ministry, aims to shift crash victims within 20 minutes to a nearby hospital. As part of the cashless scheme, medical expenses of the first two days will be borne by the government.
2. Who among the following has been selected for “Asia Business Leaders Award 2013”?
Wipro chairman Azim Premji has been awarded the Asian Business Leaders Award 2013 for his impressive business credentials and services to society by London-based Asia House. The award will be presented at a gala ceremony in London on October 14.
3. According to State of Forest Report (2011), which of the following state has the maximum Forest Cover area?
As per the State of Forest Report (2011), amongst all the Indian states, Madhya Pradesh has the maximum Forest Cover area in country.
4. Which of the following city is the venue for World Police and Fire Games 2013?
Belfast will host the prestigious World Police and Fire Games, the third largest international multi-sport event in the world, from 1-10 August 2013.
5. India’s latest Weather Satellite INSAT 3D has been launched from which of the following satellite launching station?
[A]Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
[B]Kourou French Guinea
[C]Satish Dhawan Space Centre
[D]Lapan Space Centre
Kourou French Guinea
India’s advanced meteorological satellite INSAT-3D was successfully launched by an European rocket from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guinea, giving a boost to weather forecasting and disaster warning services. European space consortium Arianespace’s Ariane 5 rocket launched INSAT-3D and
6. Recently, in which of the following cities, country’s first wireless traffic controller system has been unveiled?
India’s first wireless road traffic controller technology “WiTrac” that runs on solar power was unveiled in New Delhi. The State-of-the-art technology developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) was handed over to private partners for production by Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal.
7. Who among the following is the winner of Tour de France 2013?
Chris Froome wins the 100the edition of the Tour de France, becoming the second Briton in to be crowned champion in as many years.
8. Tipaimukh Multipurpose Hydroelectric project is located in which of the following states?
Tipaimukh multipurpose hydroelectric project (1500 KW) is located near Manipur Mizoram boarder, 500 m downstream of confluence of the river Barak with Tuivai, in Churachandpur district of Manipur. The project has been conceived as a multipurpose storage project with the main objectives of hydropower development and flood moderation at its downstream regime.
9. On which one of the following date, Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated?
Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 26th every year in honor of the Kargil War’s Heroes. This day is celebrated in the Kargil-Dras sector and the national capital New Delhi, where the Prime Minister pays homage to soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate every year. Functions are also organized to
commemorate the contribution of Indian Armed Forces.
10. Recently, which one of the following Telecom operator announced that it would offer free access of Wikipedia to its customers?
Telecom operator Aircel announced that its partnership with Wikipedia Foundation to offer free mobile Wikipedia access to its customers. The alliance is aimed at making knowledge available on Wikipedia accessible to all Aircel customers in both rural and urban areas for free. This initiative is a part of the
foundation’s Wikipedia Zero Programme to reach mobile internet users around the World.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »