GK & Current Affairs : May 4-6, 2013
1. Which among the following companies is the first company to get listed in the newly launched MCX Stock Exchange (MCX-SX)?
[A]Pennar Industries Ltd
[C]Dabur India Ltd
[D]Apollo Tyres Ltd.
Dabur India Ltd
As on March 2013, NSE has 1,666 companies listed on it, while BSE has 5211 companies listed on it.
2. In which year Pakistan was granted Most Favoured Nation (MFB) status by India?
India granted MFN-status to Pakistan in 1996
3. Recently, which among the following country joined the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) as its dialogue partner by signing an MoU?
Turkey has formally become a “dialogue Partner” of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation. Turkey is the first NATO member with any sort of formal relation with the SCO, which often represented as Eastern “anti-NATO”.
4. Who among the following has been recently awarded “ISRO Young Scientist Award-2013”?
[A]Jenita Mery Nongkynrih
Jenita Mery Nongkynrih
Jenita Mery Nongkynrih, A young woman scientist from Meghalaya was selected for ISRO Young Scientist Award 2013. She is currently working as a scientist at the North Eastern Space Application Centre (NESAC), Umaim, Nongkynrih.
5. Which of the following IT company has made the World’s smallest Film “A Boy and His Atom”?
IBM company’s researcher produced a short, stop-motion film to showcase their effort to design the next generation of data storage, and they did it by manipulating individual atoms to create image of boy playing with a ball and bouncing on a trampoline. The clip called “A Boy and His Atom” has been certified by
Guinness World Records as the “Smallest Stop-Motion Film” ever.
6. “World Press Freedom Day” is observed on___?
The United Nation General Assembly declared May 3rd to be World Press Freedom Day to raise the awareness of the importance of freedom of the press and to uphold the right to freedom of expression enshrined under article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
7. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury is the first woman speaker of_____ ?
Recently, the Awami League Parliamentary Party (ALPP) of Bangladesh nominated Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury as the 13th speaker of Jatiya Sangasad. By this Dr Shirin who was the state minister for women and children affairs become the first woman speaker in the history of Jatiya Sangsad.
8. The movie “Kai Po Che” is based on which novel of Chetan Bhagat?
[A]Three Mistakes of My Life
[D]A Night at the call centre
Three Mistakes of My Life
The film Kai Po Che directed by Abishek Kapoor based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel “The 3 Mistakes of My Life”.
9. Which of the following become the first southern US state to abolish death penalty?
Maryland on May 2, 2013 has become the first southern US state to abolish the death penalty. Maryland is the 18th state to abolish death penalty and the sixth state in as many years to do so
10. What is the name of worlds smallest flying robot developed by US Scientist?
Scientist in the US have created a robot the size of a fly that is able to perform the agile manoeuvres of the ubiquitous insects. The “robo fly” built from carbon fibre, weighs a fraction of gram and has super-fast electronic muscles to power its wings. Its Harvard University developers say tiny robot like theirs many
eventually be used in rescuer operations.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »