GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 15, 16, 2013
1. Recently (September, 2013), which one of the following countries has successfully tested the “Epsilon” new cheaper rocket?
Japan’s Aerospace Exploration Agency or JAXA successfully launched a new rocket named Epsilon which is cheaper and more efficient than its previous rockets.
2. Which of the followings is/are the major basins in India with shale gas potential?
Chose the correct answer from codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
The major basins in India with shale gas potential include Cambay, Gujarat, Assam-Arakan in the northeast, Gondawana in central India, Krishna Godavari in Andhra Pradesh, Cauvery onshore, Damodar basin and the Indo Gangetic basin.
3. The Rajaji National Park, which is all set to declare as Tiger reserve is in which state?
Rajaji National Park is famous park in Uttarakhand
4. What was the code name of the military operation conducted to annex Hyderabad into the India Union?
Operation Polo, the code name of the Hyderabad Police Action was a military operation in September 17, 1948 in which the Indian Armed Force invaded the State of Hyderabad and overthrew its Nizam, annexing the state into the Indian Union.
5. Who among the followings has become the first Indian-Origin contestant to win the Miss America Pageant?
Indian-origin American, Nina Davuluri became the first Indian-origin contestant to win the Miss America Pageant in Atlantic City. She is the first Indian-origin woman to be chosen as Miss America.
6. As per the latest annual Forbes wealthiest Americans list, the richest person in America is?
Bill gates is the richest American for the 20th year in a row and has reclaimed the title of world’s richest person from the Mexico’s Carlos slim with a net worth of $72 billion. Warren Buffett, again number two, was the year’s biggest dollar gainer, having added $ 12.5 billion dollar to his fortune.
7. Recently (September, 2013), which of the following countries has committed financial and technical assistance to India for the Green Energy Corridor?
Germany has committed financial and technical assistance to India for the green energy corridors. It includes financial assistance of Euro 250 million as reduced interest loan.
8. In which of the following deserts “Death Valley” is located?
Death Valley is a desert valley located in Eastern California. Situated within the Mojave Desert, it is the lowest, hottest and driest area in North America.
9. Which of the following countries is/are often referred to as the Gulf Cooperation Council states?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 1, 2 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
[D]All the above
Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and Kuwait are often referred to as the Gulf Cooperation Council states. Iraq is the only Arab country bordering the Persian Gulf that is not a member of the council.
10. Which of the followings is the largest cultivable crop in India?
Paddy is the largest cultivable crop in India.
You are not logged into GKToday. Please click below icons to register or login and take this test.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »