GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 17, 18, 2013
1. Which of the followings is the only planet other than earth on which deserts have been identified?
Mars is the only planet in the solar system on which deserts have been identified.
2. Which of the following committees is/are related to Pachayat Raj system?
1.Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
2.Ashok Mehta Committee
3.G V K Rao Committee
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1, 2 & 3
[C]Only 2, 3 & 4
[D]All the above
Only 1, 2 & 3
3. Which of the following is the theme of International Day for Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2013?
[A]Ozone lets save it
[B]A healthy atmosphere, the future we want
[C]Ozone safety future safety
A healthy atmosphere, the future we want
4. Golden Rice is a fortified food to be grown and consumed in areas with shortage of ____?
Golden rice is a variety of rice produced through genetic engineering to biosynthesize beta-carotene, a precursor of Vitamin A, in the edible parts of rice.
The research was conducted with the goal of producing a fortified food to be grown and consumed in areas with a shortage of dietary Vitamin A.
5. Which of the following is the first Urdu law dictionary released recently?
Kanoon Lugat an Urdu law dictionary, billed as a first of its kind in the country, was released in Mumbai. The dictionary encompassing 52,000 legal terms,
has been translated in Urdu for the first time.
6. As per the New Pension scheme, if a subscriber exists after age of 60 years, the subscriber would be required to invest at least __% of pension wealth to purchase an annuity. Fill the blank with correct answer?
As per the New Pension scheme, if a subscriber exists after age of 60 years, the subscriber would be required to invest at least 40 % of pension wealth to purchase an annuity. The remaining 20% may be withdrawn as lump sum.
7. Recently (September, 2013), which country has decided not to supply weapon systems to Pakistan?
With its defence ties with India growing at a rapid pace, Israel asserted that it will not supply any weapon systems and military hardware to Pakistan, saying the policy in this regard was very clear and strict.
8. In which of the following countries is located “Mount Sinabung” volcano?
Mount Sinabung is a Pleistocene-to-Holocene stratovolcano in North Sumathra, Indonesia. On 15 September, the volcano erupted. More than 3,700 people were evacuated from areas within a three kilometre radius of the volcano.
9. India and _____ has decided to observe 2014 as the “Year of Friendly Exchanges”. Fill the blank with correct option?
India and China will observe 2014 as the year of Friendly Exchanges.
10. Which of the followings has been awarded with “Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield “ on the occasion of Hindi Diwas?
In recognition of its effort towards propagation of Rajbhasha, NTCP, India’s largest power company has been awarded with Indira Ghandi Rajbhasha Shield by the president of India Sri Pranab Mukherjee on the occasion of Hindi Diwas. The award was received by Dr Arup Roy Choudhury, Chairman and Managing Director of NTPC.