GK & Current Affairs: July 9, 10, 2013
1. In which of the following years, Nelson Mandel was awarded with “Bharat Ratna” ?
Nelson Mandela received the prestigious Bharat Ratna award in the year 1990. Mandela and Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan are the only two foreign citizens to receive this award.
2. Which of the following country is not a part of “Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement” of ASEAN?
The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership comprises China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea apart from the 10-member ASEAN. Recently, India overcame resistance from China to become part of this regional trading bloc.
3. As per the latest Fortune list (July 2013), which of the following has emerged as country’s most admired company?
Software giant TCS has replaced its group firm Tata Steel as the country’s most admired company, as per a Fortune list released recently. TCS is followed by Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Infosys and SBI in top-five, while in 2012 top-ranked firm Tata Steel has slipped to seventh position in the list of India’s 50 most admired companies.
4. Niyamgiri Hills in Odisha is most famous for which of the following ore?
Niyamgiri Hills in Odisha is well known for Bauxite mining.
5. Who among the following has been selected for Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony-2013?
[C]Ustad Ali Khan
Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony, 2013 is being conferred on the noted Maestro, Zubin Mehta. A high-level jury under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and comprising the Chief Justice of India, Altamas Kabir, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Smt Sushma Swaraj and Gopalakrishna Gandhi unanimously decided to select Zubin Mehta to be the second recipient of the Tagore Award, 2013 in recognition of his outstanding contribution to cultural harmony.
6. Recently, which of the following state government has launched “Anna Bhagya” scheme an initiative to supply 30 kg of rice at Rs 1 per kilogram?
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaih unveiled the “Anna Bagya” scheme an ambitious initiative to supply 30 kg of rice at Rs one to nearly one crore poor people families across the state that would entail an outgo of Rs 4, 2000 crore a year. Eighty-seven lakh BPL cardholders and 11 lakh “Anthyodaya Anna Yojane” beneficiaries are covered under the scheme under which single member cardholders would get 10 kg per month, two members ones 20 kg and three above would get maximum of 30 kg.
7. As per the latest study, which of the following country is set to have the highest internet protocol traffic growth between 2012 and 2017?
India is to have the highest internet protocol (IP) traffic growth with a 44 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2012 and 2017, followed by Indonesia (42 per cent) and South Africa (31 per cent). The Cisco Visual Networking Index forecast projects that global IP traffic will grow three fold between 2012 and 2017. By 2017, the highest traffic generating countries will be the US (37 exabytes per month) and China (18 exabytes).
8. Which among the following dairy companies in India is not in the Cooperative sector at present?
Mother Dairy was one of several dairies funded and set up by the NDDB under ‘Operation Flood’ programme in 1974 to ensure milk supply in the country. Mother Dairy is a wholly owned company of the Centre’s National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
9. Which among the following institution in India awards the Premchand Fellowships?
[B]Central Hindi Directorate
Premchand Fellowship was started in 2005. It is given to persons of eminence in the field of Culture from SAARC countries.
10. Which among the following is not a part of the “Great Living Chola Temples”, which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Tamil Nadu?
[A]Brihadeeswarar Temple at Thanjavur
[B]Brihadeeswarar temple at Gangaikonda Cholapuram
[C]Airavatesvara Temple at Darasuram
[D]Shore Temple at Mahabalipuram
Shore Temple at Mahabalipuram
The Great Living Chola Temples constructed by the king Raja Raja Chola I and his son Rajendra are sites of glorious heritage and architectural achievements. The Cultural heritage site includes the three great temples of 11th and 12th century namely, the Brihadisvara Temple at Thanjavur, the Brihadisvara Temple at Gangaikondacholisvaram and the Airavatesvara Temple at Darasuram.he temples testify to the brilliant achievements of the Chola in architecture, sculpture, painting and bronze casting. The site was inscribed under UNESCO World Heritage List in 2004 as Cultural heritage.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »