GK & Current Affairs: July 11, 2013
1. Who among the following is the Chairman of the panel for drafting of the National Sports Development Bill?
The Union Sport ministry formed a committee, headed by Justice Mukul Mudgal, retired Chief Justice of high court of Punjab and Haryana to fine tune the draft National Sports Bill. Recently the committee submits its report to Sports Minister Jitendra Singh.
2. Which of the following are the three new districts added to National Capital Region recently?
[A]Mahendragarh, Bhiwani and Bharatpur
[B]Jind, Karnal and Bharatpur
[C]Bhiwani, Karnal and Bharatpur
[D]Mahendragarh, Karnal and Bhiwani
Mahendragarh, Bhiwani and Bharatpur
The National Capital Region has undergone another expansion with three more districts Mahendragarh , Bhiwani and Bharatpur added to it. This brings the number of districts in the National Capital Region to 19.
3. Recently, India has withdrawn all subsidies on cooking gas and kerosene being provided to which one of the following country?
India has withdrawn all subsidy in cooking gas and kerosene being provided to Bhutan, creating a huge crisis in the tiny, landlocked kingdom and bringing the bilateral ties under strain. The subsidy cut has come as Bhutan gave sign that it would give more importance to China.
4. Which of the following countries has largest Muslim population?
The largest Muslim country is Indonesia, home to 12.7% of the world’s Muslims, followed by Pakistan (11.0%), India (10.9%) and Bangladesh (9.2%).
5. Kiel Canal connects which of the following two seas?
[A]Berring Sea and Pacific Ocean
[B]Red Sea and Mediterranean Sea
[C]Baltic Sea and North Sea
[D]Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean
Baltic Sea and North Sea
The Kiel Canal is a 98 kilometer long canal in German state of Schleswig-Holstein. The canal links the North Sea at Brunsbuttel to the Baltic Sea at Kiel-Holtenau.
6. Recently, Supreme Court approved the central government of India’s decision to invite Global tenders for restarting the Bharat Gold Mines ltd at Kolar Gold Fields. In which of the following state Kolar Gold Fields are located?
Kolar Gold Fields is a town, in the Kolar district of Karnataka. The gold mines of KGF were closed down in 2001 due to reducing deposits and increasing costs.
7. Which of the following state of India leads in the Guar Gum production?
Rajasthan occupies the largest area (82.1%) under guar cultivation in India.
8. Name the former Australian cricketer, who would be inducted into the ICC cricket hall of fame?
ICC announced that Shane Warne, former Australian spinner would be inducted into the ICC cricket hall of fame on 19 July 2013 at Lord’s during the Ashes Test series between Australia and England.
9. World Population Day is observed on____?
World Population Day is observed on July 11 every year across the world. In 1989 the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) declared 11 July as the day should be observed as World Population Day. The theme for the year 2013 is “Focus is on Adolescent Pregnancy”.
10. The Union Government has given nod to set up country’s first Woman University at which of the following place?
[A]Raebarelli, Uttar Pradesh
Raebarelli, Uttar Pradesh
The country’s first university only for women is set to come up at Raebarelli in Uttar Pradesh. The University would be named after late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, who represented Raebarelli during a substantive part of her political career. The University would be set up at a cost of Rs 500 crore during 12th Five year plan.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »