GK & Current Affairs: June 26, 2013
1. Recently, which of the following bank has been licenced to open a representative office in Myanmar?
[C]EXIM Bank of India
EXIM Bank of India
Myanmar has provided the Export and Import (EXIM) Bank of India with a licence to open a representative office in Yangon.
2. Who among the following heads the “National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)”?
The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is headed by the Prime Minister of India. It is the Apex Body for Disaster Management in India. The setting
up of the NDMA and the creation of an enabling environment for institutional mechanism at the State and District levels is mandated by the Disaster Management Act 2005.
3. The Chief Minister of which of the following state has been selected for United Nation Global award for Public Service?
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has been selected for the United Nation Global award for Public Service. Chandy will receive award from the UN secretary
general Ban Ki-Moon at a ceremony to be held at Bahrain.
4. Which of the following is the longest Railway Tunnel in Asia?
[B]Pir Panjal tunnel
Longest tunnel in Asia is Taihang Tunnel (20 km) in China. Pir Panjal Railway tunnel, which connects Bichleri Valley of Banihal with Qazigund area of Kashmir Valley, is the India’s first longest transport tunnel and Asia’s second largest tunnel.
5. Which of the following country is all set to send a robot-astronaut to the space that can communicate with humans?
Japan is all set to send a robot-astronaut named Kirobo to the space. Kirobo is about 34 cm and weigh about one kg. Kirobo is scheduled to be launched from the
Tanegashima Space Centre on August 4, 2013.
6. Recently, government approved levying of Rs 650 crore penalty, on which of the following telecommunication company for violating roaming norms?
7. Who among the following is the head of the Committee set up by SEBI, to unify Foreign Investment Norms?
[A]C B Dhave
[B]U K Sinha
[D]K M Chandrashekar
K M Chandrashekar
Former cabinet secretary K M Chandrashekar is the head of committee set up by market regulator SEBI, to standardise and unify the rules regarding foreign
investments made under the various routes into the capital markets. SEBI in its recent board meeting accepted the recommendations of the committee which, inter alia include simplified and uniform entry norms for foreign investors by merging existing FIIs, Sub accounts and qualified foreign investors into a new investor
class to be termed as “Foreign Portfolio Investors”.
8. The campaign named “Start Searching India” has been launched by ____?
Google India has launched “Start Searching India” campaign. The objective is to help simplify the web for Indian users.
9. Which one of the following is the main objective of ROSHNI scheme, launched by ministry of Rural Development recently?
[A]To provide household facility to poor
[B]Provide training and employment to tribal youth in Naxal-affected districts
[C]Promotion of self-employment in Naxal-affected districts
[D]Empowerment of Women’s in rural area
Provide training and employment to tribal youth in Naxal-affected districts
Roshni is a new skill development scheme designed to offer employment to tribal youth in 24 Naxal-affected districts. The scheme is supposed to provide training
and employment to an anticipated 50000 youth in the 10-35 years age group, for a period of three years. As per the ministry 50 per cent of beneficiaries of the scheme will be women only.
10. Which among the following companies has recently unveiled the world’s largest container ship?
Denmark’s Maersk Line unveiled the world’s largest container ship “Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller”.
The above quiz has 10 questions. GKToday is publishing 20 questions with explanations every day in its Current Affairs - 2020 Daily MCQ Series in Academy App for nominal fee of Rs. 750/- a year. Download Now
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »