GK & Current Affairs: June 27, 2013
1. According to recent survey conducted by UNCTAD, India is ___ most attractive destination for investment in the world. Fill the correct option in the blank.
A survey conducted by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) revealed that India is the third most attractive destination for investment in the World. India was ranked at third position after China and United Sates.
2. Who among the following is the recipient of M S Swaminathan award for Leadership in Agriculture-2013?
William D Dar, director general of International Crop Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics, has been selected for the M S Swaminathan award for leadership in agriculture for 2013. Dr. Dar had been selected by the Trust for Advancement of Agricultural Sciences (TAAS) for his multi-dimensional and
3. “Nirmal Gram Puraskar” award is related to which one of the following ministry?
[A]Ministry of Environment and Forest
[B]Ministry of Rural Development
[C]Ministry of Culture
[D]Ministry of Social Welfare
Ministry of Rural Development
The Union ministry of Rural Development had launched a incentive scheme of Nirmal Gram Puraskar to encourage the Panchayat Raj institutions to take up the sanitation promotion to achieve open defecation free status.
4. The International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed on____?
The United Nation General Assembly declared 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking in the year 1987.
5. Recently, who among the following had sworn in as Australia’s new Prime Minister?
Kevin Rudd was sworn in as Australia’s new Prime Minister. Mr.Rudd had ousted Ms. Gillard, who lost the leadership battle after the former secured 57 votes in a caucus ballot, compared to her 45 votes. Anthony Albanese was sworn in as Deputy Prime Minister and Chris Bowen as Treasurer.
6. In which one of the following state, Pipavav port is located?
Pipavav port, the first private sector port of India located in Saurashtra, Gujarat. The export figures by the Marine Products Export Development Authority revealed that Pipavav port remained at the top most position for second year in the row on the basis of quantity of marine products handled.
7. Who among the following has been ranked top in the most powerful celebrity list of Forbes?
Oprah Winfrey was named the most powerful celebrity by Forbes. Singer Lady Gaga came in second, followed by director/producer Steven Spielberg, singer Beyonce and Madonna.
8. Which one of the following statement is true regarding “Project Loon”?
[A]It is a network of balloons, designed to connect people in rural and remote areas
[B]It is an operation to combat cyber attacks
[C]A clandestine operation to tap online and telephone data
[D]Project to provide free DTH service
It is a network of balloons, designed to connect people in rural and remote areas Project Loon is a research and development project being developed by Google. It is a network of balloons travelling on the edge of space, designed to connect people in rural and remote areas, help fill coverage gaps, and bring people back online after disaster.
9. Which among the following are the three major medicines banned by Union government recently?
[A]Pioglitazone, Deanxit, Brufen
[B]Deanxit, Brufen, Analgin
[C]Analgin, Pioglitazone, Brufen
[D]Pioglitazone, Deanxit, Analgin
Pioglitazone, Deanxit, Analgin
The Union government has banned three medicines the widely prescribed anti-diabetes drug pioglitazone, painkiller analgin and anti-depressant deanxit.
10. India has conferred the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) trade status to both the countries of which among the following pairs?
[A]Maldives and Sri Lanka
[B]Pakistan and Vietnam
[C]Pakistan and China
[D]Myanmar and Bhutan
Pakistan and Vietnam
In international economic relations and international politics, “most favoured nation” (MFN) is a status or level of treatment accorded by one state to another in international trade. The term means the country which is the recipient of this treatment must, nominally, receive equal trade advantages as the “most favoured nation” by the country granting such treatment. (Trade advantages include low tariffs or high import quotas). India has conferred MFN status on Pakistan and Vietnam. Though Pakistan has committed in the past that it would grant MFN status to India, there are huge pressures in Pakistan to grant this status to China.
The above quiz has 10 questions. GKToday is publishing 20 questions with explanations every day in its Current Affairs - 2020 Daily MCQ Series in Academy App for nominal fee of Rs. 750/- a year. Download Now
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »