GK & Current Affairs: June 24, 2013
1. Which one of the following motor vehicle company recently unveiled world’s fastest electric racing car ZEOD RC?
Nissan unveiled the ZEOD RC (Zero Emission on Demand Racing Car) the world’s fastest electric racing car, which is claimed to reach speed of more than 300km/h with
electric technology at the Le Mans 24 hours.
2. The Kachin Independence Army is a rebel group active in which of the following country?
The Kachin Independence Army is the military organization, a rebel group composed of ethnic Kachins in northern Myanmar. The Kachin independence Army is the only
major group that has not reached a cease-fire agreement with the government of President Thein Sein who came to power in 2011.
3. Which of the following states rank first in terms of Wind energy production?
The total installed capacity of wind energy in India is 19051.5 MW. Tamil Nadu ranks first in the country with the installed capacity of 7154 MW followed by Gujarat (3,093
WM), Maharastra (2976 WM) and Karnataka.
4. By defeating which of the following team, India clinched the ICC Champions Trophy 2013?
India clinched the ICC Champions Trophy 2013 against England with a five run victory. India made total 129 runs in 20 overs for seven wickets. It then restricted England to
124 for eight. All rounder Ravindra Jadeja was declared as the Man of the Match and He was also awarded with the Golden Ball for grabbing maximum number of wickets in the series. Shikhar Dhawan was declared as the Man of the Series and he was also conferred with Golden Bat for hitting maximum runs in the series.
5. Under the National Ambient Air Monitoring Programme of India, which of the following air pollutants have been identified for regular monitoring?
1. Sulphur Dioxide
2. Oxides of Nitrogen (NO2)
3. Suspended Particulate Matter
4. Respirable Suspended Particulate Matter
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 4
[C]Only 1,2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
Under the National Ambient Air Monitoring Programme of India four air pollutants viz., Sulphur Dioxide, Oxides of Nitrogen (NO2), Suspended Particulate Matter, Respirable
Suspended Particulate Matter have been identified for regular monitoring at all stations.
6. Who among the following has been appointed coach of “Australian Cricket Team”?
Darren Lehmann has been appointed as new coach of Australian Cricket Team. Lehmann appointed replacing Mickey Arthur who was sacked from the post recently.
7. Recently, Vodafone has agreed to buy cable operator Kabel Deutschland for euro 7.7 billion. Kabel Deutschland is a largest cable operator of which of the following country?
Kabel Deutschland is Germany’s largest cable operator.
8. Who among the following is the recipient of India Abroad Publisher’s Special Award for Excellence 2012?
Legal Activist and the youngest daughter of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Amrit Singh received the India Abroad Publisher’s Special Award for Excellence 2012. Amrit is senior legal officer for national security and counterterrorism at the Open Society Justice Initiative based at the New York. Amrit Singh was given this award for her report Globalizing Torture: CIA Secret Torture and Extraordinary Rendition released in February 2013.
9. International Olympic Day is observed on_____?
International Olympic Day was celebrated across the world on 23 June 2013. The day celebrated for promotion of participation of people in the sports all across the world,
irrespective of athletic, gender or age ability.
10. Which one of the following film has won Golden Goblet award for best feature film at the 16th Shanghai International Film Festival?
[C]Fist of Legend
Russian film The Major won Golden Goblet award for best feature film at the 16th Shanghai International Film Festival.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »