GK & Current Affairs: June 25, 2013
1. Recently, in which one of the following places Early Tsunami Warning System has been installed?
[C]Andaman and Nicobar
Andaman and Nicobar
The Early Tsunami Warning System has been installed at Rangachang in Andaman and Nicobar Island. This system can predict a tsunami within 3 minutes after the occurrence
of the initial tremors.
2. Who among the following has been honoured with “2013 Indian Business Leader of the Year”?
At the 2013 Global India Business Meeting, currently being held at Belfast UK, Sanjiv Goenka was honoured with the coveted 2013 Indian Business Leader of the Year. This award is in recognition of the success of his business enterprise and to acknowledge his position as an outstanding entrepreneur in India.
3. According to Prime Office Occupancy Costs survey, which of the following marketplaces is the world’s most expensive office market?
[A]Hong Kong (Central)
[C]London’s West End
Hong Kong (Central)
Hong Kong (Central) with annual occupancy cost of 235.23 dollars per sq ft topped the most expensive list for the third consecutive time followed by London’s West End,
Beijing’s Finance street and Beijing’s Jianguomen. Connaught place, the marketplace located in Delhi has ranked fifth in the list of world’s most
expensive office market with an overall occupancy cost of 178.96 dollars per sq ft per annum. Bandra Kurla Complex and Nariman Point of Mumbai are place at 11th and
26th positions, respectively.
4. Who among the following has been appointed as Director General, National Disaster Response Force and Civil Defence?
[A]P M Nair
Krishna Chaudhary an IPS officer has been appointed as Director General, National Disaster Response Force and Civil Defence. His appointment will take effect from the date
he assumes charge of the post and until his superannuation on 30.06.2017.
5. Which company recently unveiled the world’s largest container ship?
Denmark’s Maersk Line unveiled the world’s largest container ship “Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller”.
6. Pakistan government decided to declare which of the following Sikh Shrine as holy city?
The Pakistan government has decided to declare Panja Sahib a holy city. Panja Sahib is believed to house a rock having the hand paint of Guru Nanak, founder of Sikh religion,
and a popular pilgrimage spot for Sikhs across the world.
7. Which of the following state government recently, said that it will offer free pilgrimage to senior citizens?
The Rajasthan government will soon launch a new scheme under which it will bear all the expenses of boarding and lodging for senior citizens going to selected pilgrimage destinations.
8. Who among the following has won the men’s singles title of Singapore Open Super series badminton tournament-2013?
Indonesia’s un-seeded shuttler Tommy Sugiarto defeated Thailand’s defending champion Boonsak Ponsana in the men’s singles title of Singapore Open Super series to clinch the title.
9. Jamini Roy, whose 125th Birth Centenary was recently observed was a famous____ ?
[A]Freedom Movement Activist
[C]Vocal Artists in Hindustani Music
Recently, the Union ministry of culture organized a special exhibition titled Jamini Roy (1887-1972): Journey to the Root” to celebrate the 125th birth anniversary of Jamini Roy. Jamini Roy was an eminent artist whose primary appeal was in popular imagination because of simple, yet strong and vibrant colours. The paintings of Jamini Roy have simple forms and make use of swift and bold strokes of brush, along with the vivid and bright colours. In the year 1976, the government of India declared the artworks of Jamini Roy as National Treasure.
10. What is India’s present rank in the Renewable Energy Index?
High entry-barriers for foreign investors and the rising cost of financing have led to the country slipping to a low eighth position on the renewable energy country attractive index
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »