GK & Current Affairs: July 20, 21, 2013
1. As per the recent statistics, which one of the following countries has become the biggest buyer of Nigerian Crude oil?
India recently, surpassed the United State as the top buyer of Nigerian Crude oil. As per the recent statistics it has been that India has been buying more of Nigeria’s crude than the US over the last three months in year 2013.
2. Which of the following Atomic nuclear power plant is the India’s first pressurized water reactor plant?
[A]Kakrapar atomic power plant
[B]Kundakulam atomic power plant
[C]Jaithapur atomic power plant
[D]Kaiga atomic power plant
Kudankulam atomic power plant
Kudankulam atomic power plant is the India’s first pressurized water reactor belonging to the light water reactor category.
3. Recently, UNESCO named which one of the following cities as the World Book Capital for the year 2015?
UNESCO announced that the committee in charge of international book industry named South Korea city of Incheon as the World Book Capital for the year 2015.
Incheon comes as the 15th city to be crowned with World Book Capital, after Bangkok in 2013 and Port Harcourt in 2014.
4. To improve urban services in _______ state, The Government of India signed an agreement with Asian Development Bank for a 60 million dollars loan recently?
The Government of India signed an agreement with Asian Development Bank for a 60 million dollars loan as to improve urban services and to strengthen municipal
and project management in north Karnataka.
5. As per the latest findings by Curiosity rover, Mar’s atmosphere is mostly composed of which of the following gas?
The measurements by Curiosity rover of NASA, the most advanced spacecraft to land on Mars, the red planet, re-instated the fact that planet was composed of
mostly Carbon dioxide and a few other gases.
6. Who among the following is the author of the book “An Uncertain Glory: India and its Contradictions”?
[C]A P J Kalam
An Uncertain Glory: India and Its Contradictions authored by Amartya Sen and Jean Dreze was released recently. The book has been published by Penguin Books India.
7. The Rotterdam Convention is a multilateral agreement deals with which one of the followings?
[B]Limiting the use of toxics
[C]Copy Right law
Limiting the use of toxics
The Rotterdam Convention is a multilateral agreement that aims to promote shared responsibilities in relation to the international trade of certain hazardous chemicals and to contribute to the environmentally sound use of those chemicals by facilitating exchange of information about their characteristics.
8. Which of the following countries has the highest Life expectancy in the World?
Monaco is the country which has highest expectancy rate in all over the world with 89.73 overall life expectancy at birth.
9. Name the Indian-American, who was nominated to head the “South Asia Bureau” in the US state department?
[A]Nisha Desai Biswal
[C]Amira Desai Biswal
Nisha Desai Biswal
President Barack Obama nominated Nisha Desai Biswal, an accomplished Indian-American administrator, to head the South Asia Bureau in the US state department. When confirmed by the Senate, Desai will become the first person of India or even South Asian origin to head the bureau.
10. In which of the following place “International Bhojpuri Mahostva” organized recently?
“International Bhojpur Mahostva” was organized in Patna. It is a part of completion of 35 years of establishment of Bhojpuri academy by the Bihar government
for promotion of Bhojpuri language and culture.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »