GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 12, 2013
1. The first Sree Narayana Guru Global Secular and Peace Award 2013 is conferred on__?
The Vice President of India M Hamid Ansari presented the first Sree Narayana Guru Global Secular and Peace Award 2013 to Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Minister of State for Human Resources Development.
2. Nobel Laureate and microfinance pioneer Muhammad Yunus, who has been facing legal action for tax irregularities is from which country?
Muhammad Yunus, the microfinance pioneer and Nobel prize laureate, has been accused by the government in Bangladesh of evading taxes on overseas income, including from book royalties, speeches at conferences and numerous award.
3. Who among the followings is the head of the committee constituted to examine the current monetary policy framework?
[C]P J Nayak
The Reserve Bank of India announced the details of its committee constituted to examine the current monetary policy of framework and recommended ways to revise and strengthen it to make it more transparent and predictable. The committee would be headed by the Deputy Governor Urjit Patel. The panel will review the objectives, structure, operating framework and instruments of monetary policy, particularly the multiple indicator approach and the liquidity management framework.
4. The Akhaurah, multi-use integrated check post is an important international trading land ports between India and ____ ?
The Akhaurah check post is one of the most important international trading land ports at Akharauh in Tripura with Bangladesh would be open in November this year.
5. Recently (September, 2013), RBI has decided to create a central repository on large borrowers both individuals and entities with exposure of more than ___ crore. Fill the blank with correct answer?
RBI has decided to create a central repository on large borrowers both individuals and entities with exposure of more than ten crore to help banks deal with credit risks.
6. The Acaranga Sutra is related to___?
[D]Later Vedic religion
The Acaranga Sutra is the first of eleven Angas, part of the agamas which were compiled based on teachings of Mahavira. The Acaranga Sutra discuss the conduct of a Jain monk.
7. As per the latest data released by RBI, which one of the following states emerged as top investment destination in India?
Odisha emerged as the hottest investment destination for new projects as investor interest in prosperous states such as Maharastra, Karnataka, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu declined during 2012-13, latest data released by the Reserve Bank of India showed.
8. Which of the following countries is giving financial and technical aid for the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project?
The government has cleared a raft of projects worth Rs 1.2 lakh crore under the much-hyped Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project as parts of its initiative to spur manufacturing in the country. Japan is giving financial and technical aid for the project, which is developed on either side of a 1, 483 km stretch running across seven states.
9. The International Day for the preservation of Ozone is observed on ___ ?
The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed on 16th September every year. The theme of this year is “A healthy atmosphere, the future we want”.
10. Which of the following nations has won the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) cup 2013?
India’s bid to win a hat-trick of SAFF Football Championship title went up in smoke as they lost 0-2 to Afghanistan in the final match.