GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 11, 2013
1. The power generated by the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant is to be shared among__?
Chose the correct answer from the codes give below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 1, 2 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2, 3 & 5
[D]1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Only 1, 2, 3 & 5
2. Which of the following states share boarder with Myanmar?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 2 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
Four northeast states share the border with Myanmar: Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur.
3. Who among the following has been elected as new president of the International Olympic Committee?
[B]Wu Ching Kuo
German Thomas Bach has been elected as new president of the International Olympic Committee. The 59 year-old lawyer and farmer fencing gold medallist replaces 71 year old Jacques Rogge, who is standing down after 12 years in charge.
4. The South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) championship is held once in every ___ years?
The South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) championship is held every two years.
5. Recently (September, 2013), Forest Advisory Committee has recommended scrapping the 1,500 WM Tipaimukh Project. This controversial project is proposed on which river?
Taipaimukh Dam is proposed embankment dam on the river Barak in Manipur.
6. Which of the following is the longest river in Asia continent?
Yangtze in China is the longest river in Asia. Its total length is 6,300 Km.
7. Who among the following has been chosen for the “Global Diversity Award”?
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been chosen for the Global Diversity Award. He will be honoured with the Global Diversity Award in Delhi Wednesday. Amitabh was honoured with the PadmaShri in 1984 and the Padma Bhushan in 2001. In July 1999, he was named the “Greatest Star of Stage or screen of the Millennium” by a BBC online poll.
8. As per the latest figures, which of the following BRICS nation has recorded largest increase in Ultra-High Net worth individuals?
Despite of continuing economic gloom, India has recorded the largest increase in Ultra-High Net worth individual club among the BRICS nations in the last one year, with a total of 7,850 super rich people in the country.
9. Which of the following countries and their currency is not correctly matched?
[A]Albania – Lek
[B]Cambodia – Riel
[C]Ethiopia – Birr
[D]Finland – Dalasi
Finland – Dalasi
Finland currency is Euro (formerly Markka)
10. Recently (September, 2013), which one of the following states announced to give free dialysis for kidney patient from October 2?
Rajasthan will provide free dialysis facility to the kidney patient in government hospitals of the state from Gandhi Jayanti (October 2). All the patients, BPL or APL, would be provided free dialysis facilities in government hospitals.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »