GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 10, 2013
1. Who among the following is the author of the book “India and Malaysia: Intertwined Strands”?
The Vice President of India Shri M. Hamid Ansari released a book titled “India and Malaysia: Interwined Strands” authored by former diplomat Smt Veena Sikri. The book offers a panoramic yet in-depth historical analysis of the inter-linkages between India and Malaysia, which are a microcosm of the much larger relationship between South Asia and South East Asia, as these have evolved more than two millennia.
2. Which one of the followings is the major objective of the proposed “Rajiv Rinn Yojana” scheme?
[A]Making India Slum Free
[B]Interest subsidy scheme for Housing and Urban poor
[C]Credit facility for street vendors
[D]Health insurance to farmers
Interest subsidy scheme for Housing and Urban poor
Union government has decided to implement Rajiv Rinn Yojana an interest subsidy scheme for housing and urban poor, which will be implemented as a stand alone Central Sector Scheme.
3. Recently (September, 2013), who among the following has become the youngest pilot to fly across the World on single engine aircraft?
Ryan Campbell of Australia became the youngest person to fly a single engine aircraft, solo around the globe. Campbell began his journey across the globe on 30 June 2013 from Wollogong in Southern New South Wales. He completed his journey after flying for 200 hours through different countries and ended the journey at Wallongong. In 70 days his flight recorded a distance of 44448 kilometers.
4. Blood doping is a technique to increase ones ____ count. Fill the blank with correct option?
[A]White blood cell
[B]Red blood cell
Red blood cell
Blood doping is a technique to increases ones red blood cell counts. Most commonly this involves the removal of two units of the athletes blood several weeks prior to competition. The blood is then frozen until 1-2 days before the competition. When it is thawed and injected back into the athlete.
5. Recently (September, 2013), the presence of which chemical in rice including basmati variety of India raised international concern?
The US health watchdog FDA is conducting a detailed inspection of the arsenic level in rice being sold in the American market, including those of basmati rice variety imported from India.
6. In which of the following states the “Harike Wildlife Sanctuary” is located?
The Harike Wildlife Sanctuary is the most important sanctuary in Punjab state. Located in the western corner of the state, it covers three districts of Amritsar, Ferozepur and Kapurthala. The wetland ecosystem of Harike lies on the confluence of the Beas and Sutlej.
7. What is the name of next version of Android operating system?
According to Google the next version of Android will be called KitKat
8. Who among the following is the Chairman of “National Ganga River Basin Authority”?
Prime Minister of India chairs the National Ganga River Basin Authority.
9. Who among the followings has won Italian Grand Prix Championship 2013?
Red Bull’s star driver Sebastian Vettel has won the Italian Grand Prix Championship. He left behind Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso and Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber, who finished second and third respectively.
10. Who among the following has been named as South Africa’s “Cricketer of the Year”?
[B]AB de Villier’s
Hashim Amla was the star of Cricket South Africa’s annual awards as he walked away with four top honor’s, including the coveted “Cricketer of the Year” trophy for the second in his career. Amla was beaten in just one of the top categories by teammate AB de Villiers, who won the ODI Player of the Year award.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »