GK & Current Affairs: July 3, 4, 2013
1. Which of the following country has become the winner of FIFA Confederations cup 2013?
Brazil successfully defended their title with 3-0 win over Spain in the Final. It was their fourth Confederation Cup title and third in the row, after a previous wins in 1997, 2005 and 2009.
2. In which of the following year “National Youth Awards” were instituted?
National Youth Awards, instituted in the year 1985. These awards are conferred on youth each year who have excelled in youth developmental activities and social service. The award carries a silver medal, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs.40,000/- in case of individual awardees and Rs.2.00 lakhs in case of voluntary organization.
3. Recently, a team of scientist have created world’s first high-definition 3D model of a complete human brain. What is the name of this human brain?
Researchers have created the first high-resolution 3D digital model of the human brain, which they have called “Big Brain”. The reconstruction shows the brain’s anatomy in microscopic details, enabling researchers to see features smaller than a strand of hair. The research team had to slice 7,400 sections from the brain of a deceased 65 year-old woman, each half the thickness of a human hair. The team then had to stain each slice to bring out the anatomical details and scan them into the computer in high definition.
4. Recently, which of the following country news to allow doctors to use a controversial IVF technique that would lead to creation of babies with three parents?
Britain took a step toward being the first country in the world to allow a pioneering in vitro fertilization technique using DNA from three people that could prevent mitochondrial disease but that also raises significant ethical issues.
5. Which one of the following is the India’s first dedicated Navigation satellite launched recently?
India successfully launched its first dedicated navigation satellite, IRNSS-1A using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C22. IRNSS-1A (Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System) was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Research Centre in Shriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
6. Cystitis is the infection of which of the following organ?
Cystitis refers to inflammation of the bladders, specially, inflammation of the wall of the bladder. Cystitis usually occurs when the urethra and urinary bladder,
which are normally sterile become infected by bacteria.
7. Which one of the following IT firm has won a Rs 400-crore technology outsourcing contract from the public sector lender Corporation Bank?
Technology service company Hewlett-Packard won a Rs 400-crore technology outsourcing contract from public sector lender Corporation Bank, beating India’s
largest IT firms Tata Consultancy service and Wipro.
8. The Omkareshwar project constructed across River Narmada is in which one of the following state?
The Omkareshwar Project was conceived in 1965 as irrigation and power dam to be built in the Central Indian State of Madhya Pradesh. The Omkareshwar project lies along the bank of Narmada and the Cauvery River. It is one of the 30 large dams built in the Narmada Valley.
9. Who among the following has been appointed as Director General of the Corps of Army Air Defence?
[B]Vijay Kumar Saxena
Vijay Kumar Saxena
Lieutenant General Vijay Kumar Saxena has been appointed the 8th Director General of the Corps of Army Air Defence. The general officer has taken over the reins from Lieutenant General Kuldip Singh who superannuated from service on June 30 after a distinguished career of nearly 40 years.
10. Recently, which of the following state has been declared as first “Smoke Free” state in the country?
Himachal Pradesh was declared as being the first Smoke Free State of the country. The declaration was made in compliance to section 4 of the Cigarettes and other Tobacco Product Act (COTPA) 2003. Himachal Pradesh achieved 85.42 per cent compliance with the relevant parameters to be declared as the smoke-free state.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »