GK & Current Affairs: August 9, 2013
1. With which of the following countries, India has signed civil nuclear cooperation agreement?
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
[B]Only 1, 2, 3, & 5
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]All the above
Only 1, 2 & 3
India has signed civil nuclear cooperation agreements with France, USA, Russian Federation, Argentina, Canada, Namibia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Republic of Korea. Discussions have been held with Japan, Australia and Sri Lanka.
2. Who among the followings are the recipients of US Presidential Medal of Freedom for the year 2013?
[A]Bill Clinton, Tiger Wood
[B]Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey
[C]George Bush, Oprah Winfrey
[D]Oprah Winfrey, Tiger Wood
Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama will award the Medal of Freedom to 16 recipients including former President Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey. The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the Nation’s highest civilian honor, presented to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of United States of America.
3. “Yoghurt” is a dairy product obtained by the process of____?
Yoghurt is a milk product produced by bacterial fermentation of Milk.
4. In a recent decision, union government approved setting up of how many Mega Food Parks during 12th plan period?
The Union Government approved setting up of 12 Mega Food Parks during the 12th plan period (2012-17) with an allocation of Rs 1,714 crore in order to boost the food processing sector.
5. Which one of the following states has largest population of Buddhists?
Maharastra has the largest population of Buddhists in India. The other states that account for 1% of the Buddhist population are West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Assam, Tripura and Sikkim.
6. According to a latest report, which of the following countries has the largest group of overseas citizens of India?
The largest group of overseas citizens of India is in the United States, which boasts of 5.2 lakh card holders, followed by the UK with 3.1 lakh people. Other countries with significant number of OCIs are Australia with 1.3 lakh and Canada with 1.1 lakh.
7. Currently, which one of the followings is the top profit-making Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)?
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) is the present top ranked profit-making Public Sector Undertakings.
8. Recently (August 2013), the Home Ministry has issued orders extending Visa-on-Arrival facility to four more International airports. With this decision, total number of airports to have Visa-on-Arrival facility is?
The Home Ministry has issued orders to extending Visa-on-Arrival facility to four more airports at Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Bangalore and Hyderabad with effect from August 15. Currently, the VoA facility is operational at four international airports in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
9. As per the IMS health physician and Chemist survey, which of the following states has the highest doctor density?
The IMS health Physician and Chemist survey on the state of healthcare in the country disclosed that 44 of the top 120 Indian cities are below the global median of 1.2 doctors per 1000 population, while 76 are above the bench mark. Among states, Haryana has the highest doctor density.
10. Which among the following is not a computer language?
DATAMATRICS is not a computer language.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »