GK & Current Affairs: August 21, 2013
1. Ryder Cup and Curtis Cup are associated with which of the following sports?
Ryder Cup and Curtis Cup are associated with Golf.
2. Sindhurakshak, which was recently in news, is a/an ____?
INS Sindhurakshak is a submarine of the Indian Navy. Commissioned on 24 December 1997, it was the ninth of the ten Kilo-class submarines in the Indian Navy. The submarine suffered a major fire on 14 August 2013, which resulted in its sinking at Mumbai’s naval dockyard.
3. Recently (August, 2013), which of the followings has organized “Sair-e-Watan” an educational-cum-motivational tour?
[A]Rastriya Rifles Battalion
[B]National Cadet Corps
[C]National Security Guard
Rastriya Rifles Battalion
The tour named “Sair-e-Watan” has been organized by Rastriya Rifles Battalion and was flagged off at Chanderkot in Ramban. The tour would help create friendly bonds among local sports persons and students from the mainland. This tour will enable the students to spread messages of peace and communal harmony and witness rapid development being made in the fields of information technology, medical science and other sectors in other parts of the country.
4. Which among the SAARC countries is the largest producer of Jute?
Bangladesh is the largest producer of Jute among SAARC countries.
5. The Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
Eaglenest is a protected area in the foothills of West Kameng district, Arunachal Pradesh. Eaglenest is notable as a prime birding site due to extraordinary variety, numbers and accessibility of bird species there.
6. Which of the followings is the latest company to entered agriculture insurance area by launching the weather and yield-based crop insurance in scheme in some states of India?
Reliance General Insurance entered into the agriculture area by launching the weather-and yield-based crop insurance schemes in five different states of India. These schemes will focus on the farmers in the five states- Uttarkhand, Haryana, Assam, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
7. In which year, India’s first Economic Survey was released?
While the first Economic Survey was released in the year 1957-58, the Mid-Year Review was begun by Ashok Lahiri in the year 2002.
8. Which among the following cities of India has earned the sobriquet of Dollar City due to knitwear exports of over $2 billion a year?
With knitwear exports of over $2 billion a year, India’s garment manufacturing hub Tirupur has earned the nickname “Dollar City”.
9. Charon, which has been spotted for the first time, is the largest moon of __?
Pluto’s largest moon Charon has been spotted for the first time, in a cosmic snapshot captured from nearly 885 million kilometres away. Nasa’s Pluto-bound New Horizons spacecraft, using its highest resolution telescopic camera spotted the dwarf planet’s Texas-sized, ice-covered moon.
10. The intersection of the Equator and Prime Meridian (zero degrees latitude and longitude) is in which among the following?
[B]Gulf of Guinea
[C]Gulf of Aden
Gulf of Guinea
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »