GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 13, 2013
1. Ms Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who has received the Indira Gandhi Prize for peace, disarmament and development 2012, is president of which country?
President of India, Pranab Mukherjee presented the 2012 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development to President Ms Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia for serving as an example and an inspiration for ensuring the return of peace, democracy, development, security and order in Liberia.
2. Which of the following committees has been formed to examine the recommendations made by the TRAI on pricing of spectrum?
The Department of Telecommunications has formed a nine-member committee to examine the recommendations made by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) on pricing of spectrum in 800, 900 and 1,800 MHz bands. The committee chaired by Anil Kaushal will hold detailed deliberations on the
recommendations made by the regulator on allocation of spectrum in 800, 900 and 1,800 MHz bands through auctions in the interest of the country as well as the service provider.
3. Recently (September, 2013), which university scientists developed the first vaccine against MERS virus?
[A]University of Hong Kong
[B]University of Madrid
[C]University of Tokyo
[D]University of California
University of Madrid
Scientists from University of Madrid developed the first vaccine against MERS virus.
4. As per the latest FIFA ranking, which country holds the top position in the ranking list?
Current World Champion Spain continues to lead the FIFA rankings ahead of second-placed Argentina who have jumped two places. Germany have dropped a rung to the third spot, while Italy are placed fourth. India drop to 155 in ranking.
5. Name the Indian freedom fighter who was posthumously conferred a “Lifetime Achievement Award” by UK House of Commons?
[A]Bijoy Chandra Bhagavati
[C]Kunj Behari Lal Butail
[D]Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna
Vijay Jawaharlal Darda, an Indian freedom fighter was posthumously conferred a Lifetime Achievement Award at UK’s House of Commons for his contribution during India’s independence movement and its journey afterwards.
6. In which of the following states the Regional Rural Banks are not yet established?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 2 & 3
[D]Only 2 & 4
Only 2 & 4
Goa and Sikkim are the states where no Regional Rural Banks established yet.
7. In which of the following places the “Centre for Excellence and Ethics” has been proposed to be set up?
Centre for Excellence and Ethics would be set up in Ajmer, Rajasthan. An MOU was signed between the three professional institutes of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs viz., the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, The Institute of Cost Accounts of India and The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for setting up the Centre for Excellence and Ethics.
8. Which of the followings is/are permanent observer states of Arctic Council?
Chose the answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 4
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
9. The best fishing grounds in the world is located in__?
The best fishing grounds are found above continental shelves which are not more than 200 meter below the water surface, where plankton of all kinds is most abundant.
10. Which one of the followings became the first human-made object to leave the solar system?
After streaking through space for nearly 35 years, NASA’s robotic voyage 1 probe finally left the solar system. Voyage 1 is the first human-made object to leave the solar system.
The above quiz has 10 questions. GKToday is publishing 20 questions with explanations every day in its Current Affairs - 2020 Daily MCQ Series in Academy App for nominal fee of Rs. 750/- a year. Download Now
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »