Current Affairs : November 3-4, 2013
1. The Genevea-1 and Geneva-2 conferences were recently in the news in context with the crisis in ___?
2. “Malabar” is a bilateral naval field training exercise between India and ___ ?
Malabar is a bilateral naval field training exercise between India
3. Which one of the following has become the first South Asian Country to approve commercial cultivation of Bt Brinjal?
Bangladesh has become the first South Asian Country to approve commercial cultivation of Bt Brinjal. Bangladesh National Committee on Biosafety (NCB), the highest regulatory body for GM crops officially approved the Bt Brinjal verities. (November 1, 2013)
4. Which one of the following correctly represents the five events included in modern Pentathlon?
[A]Fencing, Horse riding, Shooting, Wrestling and Swimming
[B]Judo, Horse riding, Swimming, Gymnastic and Running
[C]Fencing, Swimming, Jumping, Shooting and Running
[D]Swimming, Jumping, Judo, Gymnastic and Horse riding
Fencing, Swimming, Jumping, Shooting and Running
The modern pentathlon is an Olympic sport that comprises five events, fencing, 200 m freestyle swimming, show jumping, pistol shooting and 3200 m cross-country run.
5. In which of the following states the “Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)” is fighting for a sovereign Garoland?
The “Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)” was formed in 2009. The GNLA is fighting for a sovereign Garoland in the western areas of Meghalaya.
6. Enforcement Directorate comes under the purview of __?
[A]Reserve Bank of India
[B]Ministry of Finance
[C]Prime Minister Office
Ministry of Finance
The Directorate of Enforcement is a law enforcement agency and economic intelligence agency responsible for enforcing economic laws and fighting economic crime in India. It is part of the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance.
7. Who among the following is the current Secretary General of “South Asian Association for Regional Countries (SAARC)”?
[B]Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed
Ahmed Saleem is the current Secretary General of SAARC.
8. Which of the following are member countries of the Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC)?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 3
[B]Only 1 & 2
[C]Only 1, 2 & 4
[D]Only 2 & 3
Only 1 & 3
The Mekong-Ganga Cooperation comprises six member countries namely India, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.
9. The “Dobson Unit” is the most common unit for the measuring __?
The Dobson is the unit for measuring Ozone concentration. One Dobson Unit is the number of molecules of ozone that would be required to create a layer of pure ozone 0.01 millimetres thick at a temperature of 0 degree Celsius and a pressure of 1 atmosphere.
10. The Union Cabinet approved a five-year Pharmaceuticals Purchase Policy to promote drug security by reviving ailing state-run pharmaceutical companies. As per the policy, how many drugs will be available at discounted price to central public sector enterprises?
The policy will make available 103 drugs at a discounted price to central public sector enterprises for a period of five years.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »