GK & Current Affairs : March 14, 2014
1. The Syngas, or Synthesis gas, is a fuel gas mixture consisting primarily of _____?
[A]Carbon dioxide and Hydrogen
[B]Carbon Monoxide and Hydrogen
[C]Hydrogen and Oxygen
[D]Carbon Monoxide and Nitrogen
Carbon Monoxide and Hydrogen
Syngas or synthesis gas, is a fuel gas mixture consisting primarily of hydrogen, carbon monoxide and very often some carbon dioxide. Syngas is combustible and often used as a fuel of internal combustion engine.
2. Which of the following states are first to get Plastic Photo Identity Card?
[A]Assam and Tripura
[B]Assam and Nagaland
[C]Nagaland and Mizoram
[D]Mizoram and Sikkim
Assam and Nagaland
3. Michelle Bachelet has been recently (2014) sworn in as President of __?
Michelle Bachelet was sworn in as Chile’s president for a second time, replacing Sebastián Piñera. Ms Bachelet won the 2013 election promising free universal education, paid for by tax reforms.
4. Partnership to Advance Clean Energy (PACE) was launched to increase collaboration on energy security and clean energy between?
[A]India and United States
[B]India and France
[C]India and Russia
[D]India and Israel
India and United States
In 2009, the India and U.S. agreed to significantly increase collaboration on energy security and clean energy through launching the Partnership to Advance Clean Energy (PACE).
5. In which year, National Archives of India was established?
The National Archives of India which is a repository of non-current records of permanent value of Government of India is celebrating its 124th Foundation Day on 11 March 2014. It was on 11th March 1891 that the Department was established as Imperial Records Department at Imperial Secretariat Building, Calcutta with G.W.Forrest as the First Officer in charge of the Department. (PIB)
6. Which among the following committees have recently recommended an anti-discrimination law for Muslims on lines of SC/ST law?
[B]Amitabh Kundu Committee
[C]Sayyid Hamid Committee
[D]Y Sikand Committee
Amitabh Kundu Committee
7. Which among the following is the only Iranian port with direct access to ocean?
Chabahar is the only Iranian port with direct access to ocean. The port was partially built by India in the 1990s to provide access to Afghanistan and Central Asia, bypassing Pakistan
8. For how many years, Hyderabad is envisaged as the common capital for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as per Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014?
9. National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) is located at __?
National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) was inaugurated in February 2014 as an apex think tank of the country in guiding and implementing good Governance reforms. It is located in New Delhi. It would work towards resolution of key issues in Governance, analyse policy and programme implementation, develop action plans, support governance reforms and help in developing synergy across various sectors and Ministries/Departments. The expected outcome of the NCGG would be in the form of research papers, best practices on Governance reforms, policy analysis and options would provide the necessary direction, guidance and capacity building inputs on Governance and management issues to the Central and State Government organisations, Central Training Institutes and State Administrative Training Institutes.
10. The largest solar power plant in India till March 2014 is located in __?
The Welspun Solar MP project, the largest solar power plant in India set up at a cost of Rs. 1,100 crore on 305 hectares of land is located at Bhagwanpur near Neemuch in Madhya Pradesh.