GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 27-28, 2013
1. Which of the following countries will host “NATO summit-2014” nearly after 20 years of hosting first summit?
Britain will host the 2014 NATO Summit, the first time the meeting has been held in the country in more than 20 years. Britain last hosted the summit in 1990, when Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister.
2. Recently (September, 2013), which of the following become the latest country to ratify “Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty”?
Iraq ratified the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT). With this number of countries that have fully adhered to the treaty rose to 161. The accord, however, cannot enter into force until the US, China and six other states follow suit. The CTBT must be signed and ratified by 44 specific states, only 36 of which have done so including France, Russia and Britain.
3. Consider the following Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology 2013 recipients:
1.Dr Yamuna Krishnan
2.Dr S C Raghavan
3.Dr Ekanth Prabhakar Ghate
4.Dr Pushkar Sharma
Which of the following correctly represents the fields from which they have been chosen for the award?
[A]Chemical, Biological, Mathematical, Medical
[B]Biological, Chemical, Mathematical, Medical
[C]Medical, Mathematical, Biological, Chemical
[D]Biological, Medical, Chemical, Mathematical
Chemical, Biological, Mathematical, Medical
4. Recently (September, 2013), Supreme Court of India asked Election Commission to provide NOTA button on Electronic Voting Machines and Ballot papers. What does NOTA stands for?
[A]No One to Attest
[B]None of the Above
[C]None Other Than Assigned
[D]No Objection To Avoid
None of the Above
The Supreme Court of India for the first time allowed voters to cast negative vote by pressing a button saying none of the candidate is worthy of his vote. The SC asked the Election Commission to Provide None Of The Above (NOTA) button on EVMs and ballot papers. The court said that the right to vote and the right to say NOTA are both part of basic rights of voters.
5. The Salary of Chief Election Commissioner of India is equal to the salary of___?
[A]Judges of High Court
[B]Judge of Supreme Court
[C]Comptroller and Auditor General
[D]Chief Justice of India
Judge of Supreme Court
The salary of Chief Election Commissioner of India is equal to the salary of Supreme Court Judge.
6. Which of the following constituents the “Foreign Exchange Reserves” of India?
2. Special Drawing Rights
3. Foreign Currency loans
4. Reserve Position in the IMF
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 1, 2 & 4
[C]Only 1, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
In India, Foreign Exchange Reserves are the foreign assets held or controlled by the Reserve Bank of India. The reserves are made of gold or specific currency. They can also be special drawing rights (SDR) and marketable securities dominated in foreign currencies like treasury bills, government bonds, corporate bonds and equities and foreign currency loans.
7. Recently (September, 2013), which of the following ministries kicked off “777 Days of the Incredible Indian Himalayas” campaign?
[A]Ministry of Forest and Environment
[B]Ministry of Science and Technology
[C]Ministry of Tourism
[D]Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Tourism
To promote the virgin peaks of Himalayas and attract both domestic and International tourist during lean summer seasons, the Ministry of Tourism launched the “777 Days of Incredible Indian Himalayas” campaign.
8. Which one of the following is not G-4 country?
The G4 nations include India, Brazil, Germany and Japan.
9. Which of the following constituents of whole milk is almost absent in the Skimmed milk?
Skimmed milk is milk with an extremely low percentage of fat, also called fat free milk.
10. “World Tourism Day” is observed on _____ ?
World Tourism Day is celebrated every year on September 27. The theme of this year is Tourism and Water: protecting our common future.
You are not logged into GKToday. Please click below icons to register or login and take this test.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »