GK & Current Affairs: March 19-20, 2014
1. As per the United Nation refugee agency, which among the following countries has the biggest source for asylum seekers?
Syria became the world’s biggest source for asylum seekers in the world. Russia and Afghanistan are the second and third biggest source of asylum seekers in the world according to latest figures from the UN refugee agency.
2. Recently commissioned Kalisindh Super Thermal Power plant is located in __?
Kalisindh Super Thermal Power Plant is located at Jhalawar district of Rajasthan. The coal based power plant has a designed capacity of 1200 Mwe.
3. Truth, Love and a Little Malice is autobiography of__?
[D]L K Advani
Truth, Love and Little Malice is an autobiography of Khushwant Singh.
4. The “Baiga” is the most primitive and forest tribal found in ___?
Baiga is the most primitive and forest tribal found in Mandla and Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh.
5. Which among the following national parks has been nominated to UNESCO’s world heritage site status for 2014?
[A]Great Himalayan National Park
[B]Jim Corbett National Park
[C]Anshi National Park
[D]Bannerughatta National Park
Great Himalayan National Park
The Great Himalayan National Park of Himachal Pradesh has been nominated to UNESCO’s world heritage site status for 2014. The GHNP, located in Kullu district, was initially constituted in 1984 and formally declared a national park in 1999.
6. According to UNESCO’s World Water Development Report, which among the following sectors accounts for maximum water use?
As per the world water development report, the fifth in the series by the UNESCO Agriculture accounts for more than two-thirds of water use.
7. The last book authored by Khushwant Singh is __?
[A]The History of Sikhs
[C]The Good, The Bad and The Ridiculous
[D]Tradition of Punjab and many others
The Good, The Bad and The Ridiculous
8. Bihari Puraskar is a literary award given for outstanding work published in__?
[A]Hindi / Maithili
[C]Hindi / Gujarati
Bihari Puraskar is a literary award instituted by K K Birla Foundation. The award is named after the famous Hindi Poet Bihari and is awarded to an outstanding work published in Hindi or Rajasthani by a Rajasthani writer.
9. The “Ebola hemorrhagic fever” is a human disease caused by ___?
Ebola hemorrhagic fever is the human disease that may be caused by any of four of the five known ebola viruses.
10. Which among the following companies emerged as the only Indian entities in the 2014 list of World’s most ethical companies?
[A]Wipro and Infosys
[B]Infosys and Tata Power
[C]Wipro and Tata Power
[D]TCS and Infosys
Wipro and Tata Power
Wipro limited and Tata power are the only two Indian companies in the list of world’s most ethical companies which was prepared by the US-based entity, Ethisphere Institute.