GK & Current Affairs: March 21-22, 2014
1. Which among the following posts is not mentioned in the Constitution of India?
[B]Deputy Speaker of Loka Sabha
[C]Deputy Speaker of Rajya Sabha
The posts of Solicitor General and the additional Solicitors General are not constitutional posts.
2. Recently launched Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) ETF is an open-ended scheme that consists of shares of ten major public sector units. The (CPSE) ETF scheme is managed by ___?
[A]Goldman Sachs India
[B]Bombay Stock Exchange
[D]National Stock Exchange
Goldman Sachs India
3. Who among the following is the Chairman of Tax Administration Reform Commission (TARC)?
Tax Administration Reform Commission was established under Dr. Parthasarathy Shome to review the application of tax policies and tax laws and submit periodic reports that can be implemented to strengthen the capacity of India’s tax system.
4. Who among the following is the winner of the Life-Time Achievement Award under 3rd National Photography Awards?
Rajesh Bedi is a renowned photographer , who has made long and outstanding contribution in the various fields of photography at the national and international level. He is regarded as one of the finest photographers of Indian Wild life.
5. Famous “Jahangiri Mahal” is located inside of which of the following forts?
6. Govinda Mishra, who has been chosen for the Saraswati Samman for the 2013, is a famous author in which language?
Famous Hindi author Govinda Mishra has been chosen for the Saraswati Samman for the 2013 for his book Dhool Paudho Par which was published in 2008. With this he will be the second Hindi author only to receive the honour after Harivansh Rai Bachchan who received the award in 1991.
7. Which among the following has become the first state in the country to declare all election booths in the coming Lok Sabha polls as no smoking zones?
[D]Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir became the first state in the country to declare all election booths in the coming Lok Sabha polls as no smoking zones. It will now be mandatory for all election booths to display the “No Smoking Zones”.
8. “Shigeru Ban” who has won the 2014 Pritzker Architecture Prize belongs to which country?
Japanese architect Shigeru Ban, noted for his airy modernist designs and humanitarian work, has won the 2014 Pritzker Architecture Prize, the top award in the field. Ban is the second consecutive architect from Japan to win the prize and the third architect in the past five years from the country as well.
9. The name of world’s first gun for woman launched recently is ___?
Nirbheek is the name of lightweight revolver, designed by Indian Ordnance Factory especially for women.
10. Election ink or indelible ink which is applied to fingers of voters during elections to prevent double voting contains which among the following chemicals which make it stain the skin impossible to wash off?