GK & Current Affairs Quiz: October 25, 2013
1. “Industry, Impartiality, Integrity” is the motto of which of the following organisations?
Industry, Impartiality, Integrity is the motto of Central Bureau of Investigation.
2. Recently, two leaders viz. RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav and the Janata Dal (United) leader Jagadish Sharma have been disqualified from their parliamentary memberships on account of conviction under the Chaibasa Treasury case. Which one of the following acts was making news in this context?
[A]Representation of the People Act 1950
[B]Representation of the People Act 1951
[C]Parliament (Prevention Of Disqualification) Act, 1959
[D]Constitution of India Act 1949
Representation of the People Act 1951
The whole story is around the Section 8 (4) of the Representation of the People Act 1951 (which allowed convicted MPs and MLAs to continue in their posts, provided they appealed against their conviction in higher courts within three months of the date of judgment). This section was judged ultra vires by supreme court.
3. The discovery of the structure of which among the following compounds was based upon clue obtained in dream of its discoverer?
Kekulé discovered the ring shape of the benzene molecule after having a day-dream of a snake seizing its own tail.
4. According to Global Gender Gap Report 2013, which of the following countries is the most advanced country in the world in terms of gender equality?
World Economic Forum (WEF) released this year Global Gender Gap Report. Iceland, Finland and Norway top the list of 136 nations, based on political participation, economic equality and rights like education and health. Iceland’s position at the top of the WEF ranking was the fifth year in a row the country has been named the worlds most equal.
5. Currently, which one of the following countries is the chair of Partners in the Population and Development (PPD)?
India is the chair of Partners in Population and Development (PPD). PPD is an intergovernmental initiative created specifically for the purpose of expanding and improving South-to-South collaboration in the fields of reproductive health, population and development.
6. Which of the following dam has recently celebrated its 50th Anniversary?
Bhakra dam has celebrated its 50th anniversary on 24th October 2013. Bhakra dam is one of the tallest straight gravity dams built in 1963 at a cost of Rs 245 crore.
7. Which among the following is India’s largest Onion Producing state?
8. Which among the following banks have recently become the first bank to allow customers to open an account with just their Aadhaar number (no paperwork needed)?
[B]State Bank of India
Axis Bank Ltd has become the first bank to allow customers to open an account with just their Aadhaar number.
9. The term advanced persistent threat (APT) is most closely related to ___?
[A]Natural Disaster Management
10. Wikipedia has started a service that sends articles via text messages to reach people who do not have internet access. The new service primarily aimed at users in _?
Wikipedia has begun piloting a service that sends articles via text messages, primarily aimed at users in Africa. The online encyclopaedia has partnered with mobile operator Airtel to offer the free initiative which is being tested out in Kenya. It is hoped that the service will be used to reach people who do not have internet access.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|