GK & Current Affairs: August 2, 2013
1. Which one of the following states has launched “Ksheera Bhagya” scheme to provide school children 150 ml of milk three times a week?
The Karnataka state government has launched the Ksheera Bhagya scheme, under which over 65 lakh schools children across the state will now receive 150 ml of milk three times a week.
2. Which among the following is / are covered under the covered under the Banking Ombudsman scheme?
1. Scheduled Commercial Banks
2. Regional Rural Banks
3. Primary Co-operative Banks
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
All Scheduled Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Scheduled Primary Co-operative Banks are covered under the Scheme.
3. Recently (July 2013), in which of the following cities a project “Pravasi Friend” has been launched?
Pravasi Friend launched its operation in Kochi, Kerala. Pravasi Friend will help NRIs and NRKs to complete a large list of mandatory tasks such as legal services, medical services, spiritual needs and government department services. Under Pravasi Friend, assistance is given in buying, renting out and maintaining their properties, providing property documentation, investigation, home security services, besides securing admissions for their children in schools and colleges in the state.
4. Sendero Luminoso is a guerrilla group operating in which country?
Communist Party of Peru known as the Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso) is a Maoist guerilla insurgent organization in Peru.
5. Recently, National Archive of India (NAI) has launched which of the following publications?
[D]None of the above
The National Archive of India launched quarterly news bulletin, e-Abhilekh, to promote and project activities and development made in India and abroad in the archival field.
6. The Gandhi Sagar Dam is a part of which of the following Projects?
[C]Damodar Valley Project
Gandhi Sagar Dam is one of the four major dams built on the India’s Chambal River. The dam is located in the Mandasaur district of Madhya Pradesh.
7. Recently, Bangladesh high court has banned which of the following Islamic parties from contesting future polls?
[A]Bangladesh Islami Front
[C]Islamic Unit Front
[D]Islamic Action Society
Bangladesh’s biggest right-wing-party Jamaat-e-Islami was banned from contesting future polls by a court, which cancelled its registration in a landmark ruling, leaving the once most powerful fundamentalist party with an uncertain future.
8. The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT), world’s most powerful telescope proposed to be built on___?
[A]Mauna Kea, Hawaii
[B]Mount Everest, Nepal
[D]Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Mauna Kea, Hawaii
The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) is a planned ground-based large segmented mirror reflecting telescope, proposed to be built on Mauna Kea in Hawaii. The telescope is much larger than existing telescopes and designed for observations from the near ultraviolet to the mid-infrared.
9. Which of the following Chinese city has started offering International transit passenger 72 hour visa-free stay?
South China’s mega-city Guangzhou started offering international transit passengers 72-hour stay. Guangzhou is the third Chinese city to introduce the visa-free policy, following capital Beijing and commercial hub Shanghai.
10. According to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data on cyber crimes, which of the following states has registered maximum incident of cyber crimes?
Haryana has registered an unprecedented spurt in incident of cyber crimes (137), making it the top state with highest number of cases in the country. West Bengal was closely behind Haryana with 113 cases and Maharastra came third with 90 cases of virtual cases.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|