GK & Current Affairs Quiz: October 26, 2013
1. As per the recent survey by National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO), which among the following cities of India has recorded highest male as well as female unemployment rate in 2009-10?
As per the recent survey by National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO), Patna recorded the highest unemployment rate among males in 2009-10. It was 13% for males and 23.9% among females.
2. Which among the following is the venue of the World Islamic Economic Forum for 2013?
The venue of this year’s World Islamic Economic Forum is London; this is first time that such conference is being held out of Islamic world.
3. The term “Golden Triangle” refers to one of Asia’s two main opium producing areas consists of three countries of Southeast Asia. Identify the countries which constitute the “Golden Triangle”?
[A]India, Bangladesh and Bhutan
[B]Myanmar, Laos and Thailand
[C]India, Laos and Myanmar
[D]Japan, China and Thailand
Myanmar, Laos and Thailand
The Golden Triangle is one of the Asia’s two main opium-producing areas. It is an area around 367,000 square miles that overlaps the mountains of three countries of Southeast Asia: Myanmar, Laos and Thailand. It has been one of the most extensive opium-producing areas of Asia and world since the 1920s.
4. Which of the following is the only country in the world that effectively prohibits women from driving?
Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that effectively prohibits women from driving, a ban supported by conservative clerics. While there is no law formally banning female drivers, the government doesn’t give them licence.
5. Recently (October, 2013), the Tata Sons-Singapore Airline carrier got approval from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board to launch operation in India. Tata Sons will hold __ % stake in the airlines.
The Tata Sons-Singapore Airlines carrier got a nod from the FIPB aims to launch operation in May-June 2104. Tata Sons will hold 51% stake in the airline while the rest will be held by Singapore Airlines.
6. The “Boko Haram” is an Islamic militant organisation based in which of the following countries?
Boko Haram is an Islamic militant organisation active in Nigeria. Founded in 2001, the organisation seeks to establish a “pure” Islamic state ruled by sharia law.
7. Identify a port of India with the following information:
1.It is one of the 12th major port of India
2.The port is designed as Asia’s energy port, is the first corporatized port in the country
3.The port is located on a region that falls under Seismic Zone III indicating a moderate risk of earthquake
Choose the correct option from the following:
8. Which among the following companies could be the first foreign company to entirely own an Indian Telecom Service after the recent changes in FDI norms?
Taking benefit of new FDI norms, Singapore based SingTel will become the first foreign company to entirely own an Indian telecom services firm with FIPB giving nod to buyout its local partners in SingTel India which provides internet bandwidth services.
9. Which country is seeking United Nation resolution to guarantee internet privacy amid anger over US surveillance?
Brazil is working with other countries to draft a UN General Assembly resolution that guarantee people’s privacy in electronic communications. This move is due to of alleged US eavesdropping on foreign leaders and others.
10. Terry Walsh, who has been appointed as head coach of the Indian men’s hockey team is from __?
[D]None of the above
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »