GK & Current Affairs Quiz: October 27, 2013
1. Who among the following has emerged as winner of Indian Grand Prix 2013?
Red Bulls Sebastian Vettel has won Indian Grand Prixt 2013. This is Vettels fourth consecutive world title. Vettels joins legends Juan Manuel Fangio, Alain Prost and Michael Schumacher as a four-time champion.
2. Recently (October, 2013), BCCI has terminated which of the following from Indian Premier League?
[C]Royal Challengers Bangalore
The BCCI terminated Pune Warriors from the IPL after the Sahara-owned franchise failed to pay its payments and refused to furnish the bank guarantee for next season.
3. “Udangundi a coal based thermal power” project is coming up in which state?
[A] Andhra Pradesh
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board is setting up a 1,600 WM coal based thermal power unit at Udangudi in Tuticorin district of Tamil Nadu.
4. In October 2013, which of the following countries has decided to scrap its two-currency system?
Cuban authorities have announced they are planning to do away with the country’s dual currency system. The move will end a nearly two-decades-old arrangement.
5. Which among the following companies in India has a tie-up with the Japanese financial major Nomura for insurance market?
[D]Life Insurance Corporation of India
Life Insurance Corporation of India
LIC and Japanese financial major Nomura are known for the LIC Nomura Mutual Fund, the mutual fund arm of the India’s largest financial entity.
6. India does not export the following products from the Hydrocarbon industry?
[D]All of them
7. The Seed Capital of Bhartiya Mahila Bank is ___?
[A]Rs. 1000 Crore
[B]Rs. 2000 Crore
[C]Rs. 3000 Crore
[D]Rs. 4000 Crore
Rs. 1000 Crore
Bhartiya Mahila Bank will commence operations with an initial seed capital of Rs 1,000 crore contributed by the government. In due course, the bank is expected to secure its own revenue stream by lending to women and encouraging women entrepreneurs.
8. According to the World Health Organization 2013 TB report, which among the following three countries have the highest burden of MDR-TB?
[A]India, Pakistan, Bangladesh
[B]India, China, Russia
[C]India, Nigeria, Myanmar
[D]India, Bangladesh, China
India, China, Russia
9. Which among the following are the three states with highest % of child brides among all women?
[A]Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan
[B]Rajasthan, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh
[C]Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh
[D]Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh
Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan
10. Which among the following is NOT a correct match?
[A]Chanda Kochar – ICICI Bank
[B]Chitra Ramkrishna – Bombay Stock Exchange
[C]Shikha Sharma – Axis Bank
[D]Naina Lal Kidwai – HSBC
Chitra Ramkrishna – Bombay Stock Exchange
In the recently released Fortune magazine’s global list of top-50 women business leaders, there are four Indian women. ICICI Bank’s Chanda Kochhar has been ranked fourth, followed by National Stock Exchange chief Chitra Ramkrishna at 17th, Axis Bank’s Shikha Sharma at 32nd and HSBC’s Naina Lal Kidwai at 42nd place.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »