GK & Current Affairs: July 23, 2013
1. At which among the following places, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises has proposed to set up the first MSME Technology Centre ?
MSME ministry proposes to set up the centre at Bengaluru Aerospace Park near International airport, the centre is likely to train 10,000 people every year. The ministry has also planned to set up similar centers in 14 other cities across the country.
2. India’s Deepika Kumari who is news recently, is associated with which sports / games?
Deepika Kumari is an India’s athlete who competes in the event of Archery and is currently ranked World No.3.
3. Power producing major NTPC has decided to set up technology institute in which of the following states?
NTPC will be setting up a technology institute in Madhya Pradesh as a part of plan to contribute to the community development in the state.
4. Which one of the following State has occupied first rank in terms of foreign tourist visitors in 2012?
Maharastra has occupied the first rank in terms of foreign tourist visitors to India in 2012. The number of foreign tourist visits (FTVs) to the States/Uts was 20.7 million in 2012 as compared to 19.5 million in 2011 and 17.9 million in 2010.
5. Government has approved the proposal to amend Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Act for providing more power to the market regulator to control __?
[C]Bear Cartels in Share Market
The SEBI amendment ordinance was promulgated to the SEBI Act, as a part of efforts to crack down Ponzi schemes.
6. As per the RBI conditions, what percentage of branches a new bank should open in unbanked rural areas to become eligible for new banking license?
As per the RBI condition the new banks should have at least 25% of their branches in rural areas. The RBI says the rule is meant to avoid over-concentration of bank branches in urban areas with adequate banking presence.
7. Recently, which one of the following country has decided to impose high risk Indians with bond of rupee 2.7 lakh while applying for visa?
Britain government has decided to impose high risk Indians with bond of rupee 2.7 lakh while applying for visa.
8. Which one the following is the West flowing River?
Narmada is a west flowing river. It flows westward over a length of 1,312 km before draining through Gulf of Cambay into the Arabian Sea.
9. Who among the following has been elected as the new Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State finance ministers on GST?
[A]Sushil Kumar Modi
[C]Abdul Rahim Rather
Abdul Rahim Rather
Jammu & Kashmir finance minister Abdul Rahim Rather has been elected as the new Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State finance minister on Goods and Service Tax (GST).
10. Dudhwa National Park is in which of the following State?
Dudhwa National Park is in the Terai of Uttar Pradesh. It is located on the Indo-Nepal border in the Lakhimpur Kheri district.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »