GK & Current Affairs: July 15, 2013
1. With reference to the defense infrastructure of India, Arjun Mark II refers to a __:
[C]Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Arjun is India’s main battle tank. The Arjun MK-II variant is being developed in coordination with and with the involvement of the Indian Army and will feature several modifications that are being sought by it.
2. Which of the following countries are the top 4 cotton producers in the world respectively?
[A]India, China, USA and Pakistan
[B]China, USA, India and Pakistan
[C]China, India, USA and Pakistan
[D]USA, China, India and Pakistan
China, India, USA and Pakistan
China, India, USA and Pakistan top 4 cotton producing countries in the world.
3. Which among the following is not a G-8 Country?
G-8 countries – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Britain and the US
4. An objective of the National Food Security Mission is to increase the production of certain crops through area expansion and productivity enhancement in suitable manner in the certain selected districts of country. What are those crops?
[A]Wheat, Rice and Cereals
[B]Rice, Wheat and Pulses
[C]Rice, Wheat and Millets
[D]Wheat, Pulses and Sorghum
Rice, Wheat and Pulses
National Food Security Mission launched by government of India to increase the food production of Rice, Wheat and Pulses to increase the production of rice by
10 million tons, wheat by 8 million tons and pulses by 2 million tones.
5. Who among the following has won 19th edition of Commonwealth Chess Championship title?
Former world junior champion Abhijeet Gupta has won the 19th edition of Commonwealth Chess Championship title. So far, Abhijeet has won 20 medals representing India at World, Asian and Commonwealth Chess Championship in sub-junior, junior and senior categories.
6. Which of the following is used in Diesel engine?
[A]Cylinder and Spark plug
[B]Spark plug and Piston
[C]Cylinder, Spark plug and Piston
[D]Cylinder and Piston
Cylinder and Piston
A diesel engine is an internal combustion engine that uses the heat of compression to initiate ignition to burn the fuel that has been injected into the combustion chamber. As opposed to spark-ignition engine such as petrol engine, which uses a spark plug to ignite an air fuel mixture.
7. The Union Cabinet has recently (May 2013) given its approval for declaring the year 2013 as “Water Conservation Year-2013. What is the share of India in world’s renewable water resources?
India has more than 18 percent of the world’s population, but has only 4 percent of world’s renewable water resources with 2.4 percent of world’s land area.
8. With reference to Indian arts and heritage, the term Palagai Padam refers to ___ ?
Tanjore paintings are locally called Palagai (wooden plank) Padam (image). This refers to the practice of painting the image on wooden planks, a stylistic peculiarity of the region.
9. Guna in Madhya Pradesh was recently making news for inauguration of a new ___?
[C]National Investment and Manufacturing Zone
[D]Ultra Mega Power Plant
A new spices park set up by Spices Board was commissioned recently (March 2013) in Guna, Madhya Pradesh. The new park is expected to make a clear impact on the production and processing of seed spices in nearby 11 districts covering the States of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
10. Balasya Moolam Vijnanam (Knowledge begets strength) is the motto of ____:
[D]Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »