GK & Current Affairs: August 13-14, 2013
1. Which one of the followings is the first missile to be developed under “Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme”?
Prithvi was the first missile to be developed under the “Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme” launched by Government of India in 1983.
2. Recently (August, 2013), India’s first Cyber Forensic Laboratory has been inaugurated at which high court?
[A]Delhi High Court
[B]Tripura High Court
[C]Allahabad High Court
[D]Mumbai High Court
Tripura High Court
India’s first Cyber Forensic Laboratory has been set up in Tripura. The lab established at the Tripura high court will provide court case related information. From the CFL, automatic SMS alerts would go to both lawyers and the litigant about the fate of the case. If any lawyer or the petitioner remains absent on the day of trial, the SMS alert would go the concern.
3. Which of the following states organizes the “Nehru Trophy Boat Race” every year?
Nehru Trophy Boat Race is a popular Vallam Kali held in the Punnamada Lake near Alapuzha, Kerala. Vallam Kali literally means boat play/game. The race conducted on the second Saturday of the August every year is a major tourist attraction.
4. Ronjan Sodhi, who has been recommended for the prestigious “Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna” award is associated with which sports/games?
Double Trap shooter Ronjan Sodhi has been chosen for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, the country’s highest honour for a sportsperson. He is the seventh Indian Shooter to receive the award. Sodhi, 35, won two silver medals at the 2010 commonwealth games and a gold medal at the 2010 Asian games. In 2011 he became the first Indian to successfully defend a world cup title.
5. Zafar Futehally, who passed away, recently was a famous___?
Zafar Futehally was one of the India’s best known naturalists and ornithologists. He spearheaded the early years of the conservation movement in India, serving as link between conservationists and corporate.
6. Recently (August, 2013), India’s largest blast furnace “Durga” has started operating at which of the following steel plants?
[A]Rourkela Steel Plant
[B]Bhilai Steel Plant
[C]Durgapura Steel Plant
[D]Bhadravati Steel Plant
Rourkela Steel Plant
India’s largest blast furnace has become operational at Rourkela Steel Plant. With the start of the new state-of-the-art furnace, hot metal capacity at RSP will increase to 4.5 million tones per annum from its capacity of 2 million tones per annum. “Durga”, the largest blast furnace of the country, has built at an approximate expenditure of Rs 1,600 crore, the furnace has useful volume of 4,060 cubic meters.
7. Who among the following has won the Rogers Cup Women’s single title-2013?
Serena Williams crushed Romania’s Sorana Cirstea 6-2, 6-0 in the final of the women’s Rogers cup to capture her 54th WTA singles title. It was Serena’s eighth title this year.
8. In which of the following cities, the “Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology” is located?
The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology or CCMB is an Indian Biotechnology research establishment of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and a designated centre of excellence for global molecular and cell biology network, UNESCO. It was set up as a semi-autonomous centre in 1977 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
9. In which of the following countries, world’s highest wind turbines have been installed recently?
China has completed installing five wind turbines in Tibet at a height of about 4,900 meters above sea level, making it the highest wind farm in the World. Chinese wind energy major, Longyuan Power, plans to install 33 wind turbines on the farm, located in Naqu Prefecture in southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous region.
10. According to the norms, minimum land requirement to set up Multi-product SEZ’s is?
Government made the special economic zones attractive for the investors by notifying relaxations in the minimum area requirements and easing the exist
clause for developers. Multi-product SEZ’s minimum land requirement has been cut to 500 hectares from 1,000 hectares. Single products SEZ’s minimum land requirement has been cut to 50 hectares from 100 hectares.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|